Chapter 7

Dee and Raelia's Outfits in multimedia  (dress is knee length)

---
Derrick's POV

The day I got a phone call from the police telling me that Uncle Jay had been killed made me devastated, I cancelled a date I had with Keke and I went to fetch Raelia at Major's house. I knew for a fact that Major murdered Uncle Jay yet he walks around town acting like the sun shines on his ass.

The morning of the morning of the funeral, I woke up and dragged myself to the bathroom. I got into the shower and let the cold water run down my spine and wake me up a bit. I got out, dried myself off and brushed my teeth. After I moisturised myself I took out my cliché all black outfit.

---
I was ready and dressed. Mama Hawkins, Claire and Raelia looked pretty good but no one spoke a word to each other while we ate the breakfast, Mama Hawkins made. After breakfast, we all headed outside to the cars, got in and headed to the church.

After everyone was seated, the choir sang an old gospel hymn. The pastor spoke and Mama Hawkins talked about Jay's childhood memories.  I was called up to say something.

"Uncle Jay was like a father to me. After my mother, Sarah Hawkins died of lung cancer when I was 14, he adopted me and treated me like his son. He taught me everything I needed to learn to survive out in the hood and I'm grateful for that. He once told me that if you have a dream, follow it but don't forget about your family. Uncle Jay was a crazy man, he was at his best when he married Claire. He always spoke his mind, which made us get into bad situations from time to time. I feel like now that he is gone, I have to make sure the legacy lives on." I said trying hard to hold back the tears.

I went to sit back down and the funeral continued. After an hour we went to the cemetery and watched the casket go 6 feet under. I guess you never know that someone is really gone until you see their casket get buried 6 feet under. We drove back home for a lunch that the catering team had cooked. As I was getting my plate of food, my ex-girlfriend, Keisha walked towards me.

"I'm sorry about Jay's death, I was shocked when I heard about it. Just know that I'm here for you Derrick." She said taking her plate of food and following me to the couch.

"Your uncle is the reason he is dead so don't be acting all sympathetic." I spat at her.

"I don't associate myself with Major and you of all people should know that." She replied walking away.

I saw her earlier at the cemetery standing next to Trevor and here she is telling me she doesn't associate herself with Major.

What a lie.

---
Raelia's POV

The funeral had been quite depressing and everyone kept offering me their condolences. I bet it wouldn't be that way if they knew I was partly the reason for Jay's death. I'd seen Trevor at the church with Keisha, Dee's ex-girlfriend. If my father killed someone, I sure as hell wouldn't show up at their funeral.

I was sitting on the patio eating my food, watching everyone either pretend to be sad or look really upset. I felt a presence sit in the seat across from mine and I looked up.

It was Trevor.

Speak of the devil and he will appear. I carried on eating my food, pretending I didn't care that he was here meanwhile it was eating me up inside.

"Aren't you gonna say something?" He asked smirking.

"What I need to say to you," I said rather annoyed.

"You weren't at school the entire week." He commented.

"I was mourning. Why are you even here?" I asked angrily.

"I came with my cousin, Keisha. I also came because I wanted to tell you something." He said smiling awkwardly.

I never knew that Keisha was related to Major.

"Then talk." I spat at him.

"I'm moving to Los Angeles." He said.

In my head, I was a bit taken aback by what he had said and for some odd reason, I felt sad.

"Good for you," I replied standing up and heading to the kitchen.

I put my plate in the sink and headed to my room upstairs. I changed out of my dress and wore a grey hoodie and black tights. I switched on my iMac Air laptop and went to my playlist. I pressed play on Alright by Kendrick Lamar.

I'm fucked up, homie you fucked up
But if God got us then we gon be alright
Nigga, we gon be alright huh

We gon be alright
Do you hear me, do you feel me
We gon be alright

I sang along and nodded my head to the beat of the music. I was in the zone and I didn't notice someone entering my room. I heard a voice rapping along behind me and I turned around real fast, I almost got whiplash.

"Trevor what the hell!" I shouted angrily.

"I didn't mean to scare you, I just came to say goodbye properly." He replied smirking.

"I don't need your goodbye," I said frowning at him.

"Ok, I get it, you hate me." He replied sitting down beside me on my bed.

"I don't hate you," I said looking at him in the eyes.

"I said I hate what you've done, what did I do?" He asked.

"I don't know exactly," I replied confused as to why he was acting so weird.

He rubbed my cheek and cupped my face in his hands. He brushed his thumb across my lip. At that moment my heart was beating fast and my brain was telling me to push him away but my body just froze. He slowly moved towards me and kissed me. After a while, I gave in and kissed him back. He laid down me onto the bed and the kiss deepened.

He unzipped my hoodie and my bra was exposed. I undid the buttons of his crisp black shirt and I rubbed his abs. Suddenly he stopped and got up. He did up his buttons, smiled at me and left.

What a dick.

I took off my clothes and wore my pyjamas. I got into bed and checked my Instagram. I was pissed because he couldn't just do as he pleased and leave. I hate people who think the world revolves around them.