Chapter 1

Raelia's POV ( in multimedia )

When my father, Mike Coleman, died after a shootout at his trap house, I felt so alone. My mother got remarried to one of the biggest drug dealers, Jay Hawk, five months after the funeral. Jay Hawk was one of my father's rivals and back when they were young, my father stole my mother, Claire Henson from Jay. Since then Jay has hated my dad and due to that, he hates me too.

After their honeymoon, my mother and I moved into Jay's double storey house. The luxurious environment showed just how successful Jay was. After two weeks of living there everything was going well, my mom was always happy.

Then one night when I came home late from my friend's party, I realised my mother wasn't home. Jay started shouting at me about how I was useless and that I was just as stubborn as my father. I didn't know what the fuss was about so I headed to my room. While I sat cross legged, listening to American Oxygen by Rihanna, I heard the door slam.

He threw me on to my bed and started beating me senseless. He hit on every inch of my body except for my face. I tried to kick and scream but it was no use, I saw my vision blur then I blacked out.

The next morning I woke up, my entire body aching and I went straight to my bathroom. I looked at my face in the oval mirror and saw that my eyes were bloodshot red. My body felt like I'd just fallen down a flight of stairs. I slowly removing my clothes and saw that I had bruises everywhere. I got into the shower, stood under the cold water and let the tears. I hoped that maybe he was just very drunk that night.

But it was only the beginning.

---

A month later

As I walked through the front door, I heard Jay shout for me from his office. I walked into the office and stood in front of his desk waiting for him to talk.

"I need you to do a few jobs for me, Raelia. " He said rubbing his hands together.

"As in sell drugs?!" I replied choking on my spit.

He chuckled lowly, "No, I want you to trap a few men who owe me money. You see usually I hire strippers who work at my club but those girls are too much trouble and I was thinking that since your mother wants you to be independent, how about I give you the job."

He had that 'if you say no, I will make you regret it glint'.

"What do you mean by trap them?" I replied, my voice shaking nervously.

"Well," He stood up, " You'll go to the club I tell you to go to then you'll seduce the man and as you head out with him, they'll get shot. As simple as that." He said standing beside me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm 17...too young to go into any clubs," I replied my voice shaking uncontrollably.

"Dee will go with you and sort that out. Don't worry, babygirl," He said smiling looking amused.

Dee is his 21-year-old nephew, full name Derrick August Hawk.

"Well if I must, I'll do it," I said barely above a whisper.

"Good girl, now go." He said squeezing my shoulder.

I speed-walked right out of the office.

I went to my room and although it was the middle of the day, I took off my clothes and slowly got into my bed, naked. I laid there on my side all day with my eyes wide open in fear, ignoring any phone calls.

"Why is this my life?" I thought to myself.

---

The next day at school I told my best friends, Kári Lewis and Serayah Mckell what had happened. As usual, they told me I should tell the police and get him arrested. And as usual I told them about how he had connections everywhere and how it would get my mom and I killed.

School went by quickly and Kári dropped Serayah and I off at our homes. Well, mine wasn't really a home, it was a house I stayed in with a cruel man just to get by.

I went upstairs to my room and saw a Nike duffel bag and a note on my bed. The note said to wear the clothes in the bag and meet Derrick downstairs at 7 pm. I looked at the clothes and gasped, it was barely an outfit. It was bits of materials to cover my lady parts.

I went downstairs and made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. I ate it and headed back to my room. I did all my homework and saw that the time was 17:38. I took a warm shower and got dressed in the skimpy clothes. I tied my hair into a high messy bun and put some pink Mac lipstick on. I put on the high heels that came with the clothing and headed downstairs. I checked my phone and saw that it was 18:40. My mom asked where I was going dressed like I was, I said I was going to a themed party and Dee was going to drop me off.

I waited for Dee then after about five minutes, he came downstairs. Dee had on a white tee, black jeans and a snapback with his name printed in red. Dee is really good looking but I'd never go for him because he seems like Jay's lapdog.

It isn't like he'd go for me anyways.

He told me to follow him and we got into his car. As we drove to club Hennessy, he told me that the guy I'd be seducing was known as G and when I saw him, I'd know. He came me a purse with a small gun and cash inside. To me, a gun was nothing new because I grew up in that sort of environment but having to maybe use one was a first. My hands trembled as we walked into the club.

Dee told me to sit at the bar and order my self a drink. He left me there and headed to the VIP section. I ordered myself a virgin margarita since I don't drink and sat there looking like a girl waiting for a guy she'd met online. After 10 minutes of slowly sipping my drink, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Hello ma, I see you're looking lonely. Would you like to dance?" A deep voice said.

I turned around and saw a guy who looked about 27. He had chocolate skin, multiple tattoos and a chain with the letter G. I guessed that that was what Dee meant when he said I would know. I smiled and hopped off the stool. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor. My song, Beefstew by Nicki Minaj was playing and I started twerking on this man for my dear life.

Literally.

Because if I didn't seduce him, Jay would beat and it'd been a week since the last beating. I was grinding on him and I could feel his little friend poking my ass. When the song ended he took my hand and led me outside. We got to his car and he opened the door for me, I left it slightly open so that I would have an easy escape. As he opened his door, I saw Dee and bullets went through G's head and chest but since Deeds gun had a silencer nothing was heard. I got out the car and headed to Dee's car shocked because Dee acted as though it was nothing to kill a man.

The ride home was silent except for the mixtape that playing softly. When we got home I immediately went to my room, took off my skimpy clothes and cried myself to sleep. I felt as if I'd ran out of tears so I decided to stop crying because it doesn't change anything to cry and my life would be that way forever.

Maybe not forever.