Chapter 9: Sneak

My eyelids slowly part to an unfamiliar room lit with a stream of sunlight. My attention is drawn to the large black and white picture of the Eiffel Tower placed on the wall. Where am I?

I go to sit up but am held in place by an arm wrapped around my waist. My eyes follow up the arm to the body it is connected to.

Jason. The stream of events that took place last night suddenly come rushing back.

***

"You know what I just realised?" I blurt, breaking the silence that has grown in the room. It's not an awkward silence, just one of those ones that you acknowledge but don't think much of. My head rests on his outstretched arm as I look up at the plain white ceiling.

"What?" He asks sounding genuinely curious.

"I don't know that much about you." I admit, and his sudden laughter surprises me. "What are you laughing at?"

"So while I'm laying here thinking about what just happened, you're thinking about how you don't know much about me?" He looks down at me with an amused expression on his face.

"Well, yes." I laugh at myself and so does he.

"What do you want to know?" He raises his arm and places it behind his head. I ponder the question. What do I want to know?

"What's your favourite colour?" He lets out a laugh.

"Seriously?"

"I need to start with the basics." I defend myself. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"Blue."

"Of course it is."

"Why of course?"

"Everyone loves blue."

"Blake likes purple."

"That is besides the point, I don't mean everyone, but many people love blue,

"What's your favourite colour? I'm guessing not blue?" He teases.

"Aqua."

"That's basically blue."

"It's green and blue, but it's not blue." I justify, and he laughs at me for the third time during this conversation.

"You're an awfully confusing person." I try to glare at him, but his smile is contagious. I try fight the smile while I think of my next question.

"What exactly do you do?" I've been wanting to ask him that since I found out they moved here from America, which is when I first met them. That was only four days ago. Holy shit.

"You mean job wise?"

"Yeah."

"I worked at a radio station with Blake, that's why we came here, we got an offer from hit105." I quickly turn my head to look up at him. I wasn't expecting that, I can't say I've ever known someone who has worked at a radio station.

"Really? Oh my god I'll have to start listening to that station now."

"We start next week, from 6 till 11." He smiles.

"That's so cool, it must be a pretty good job. That's what Danielle wants to do before she becomes a famous singer or something." I laugh.

"Oh really? Maybe after a while I can ask around and see if anyone's looking." He offers.