Chapter 5: Evolution

"Where are they?" I ask as I look around the crowded room for Lana and Emma.

"I have no idea, they said they were here so..."

"Let me ask them." I open my purse and get my phone out. When I turn on the screen I see the text that Jason sent me and smile.

[Here you go, have fun ;) x]

"What are you smiling at?" She questions, a cheeky smile on her face.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" I joke.

She looks down at my phone and her smile widens.

"Do you fancy him?"

"What? I don't know maybe why?" I stumble for words. I hardly even know him. Well, I guess I kind of do.

"He's definitely into you, you should go for it."

"What? What makes you say that?"

"Are you kidding me? You'd be blind not to see that he's into you."

"Hey guys there you are!" I hear a familiar high-pitched voice from behind, interrupting our conversation. I turn around and see Emma in a sparkly thick-strapped dress, and Lana in the usual yellow, strapless hugging dress. She's obsessed with the colour yellow, she believes it makes her tan skin stand out. I guess it does actually.

"We were looking for you everywhere, did you just get here?" Emma asks as we exchange hugs.

"Yea just then." A blonde guy walks up behind them and smiles once he reaches us.

"Are these the two you were talking about?" He asks politely. Aw I love his accent. His white tee hangs loosely on his small frame, and his ripped faded blue jeans are tight.

"Yea, Niall, this is Danielle and Caitlin." He smiles at us, showing his pearly whites.

"So, I heard your a friend of Ben's, I hope that doesn't mean you're as loud as him." Danielle jokes and he laughs and shakes his head.

"No way, I don't think anyone could be as loud as him." He jokes, laughing again. His laugh is so adorable I can't help but laugh as well.

"That is so true." I laugh.

"So, let's get some drinks." Lana states excitedly. She turns on her heel and we all follow her to the bar.

She orders her and Emma's drinks and then turns to us. "What do you guys want?"

"I'll just have a beer thanks." Niall tells her.

"I'll have a martini." I say.

"Yea I'll have the same." She orders our drinks and Danielle, Emma and I sit down at a table near a large group of girls.

"We haven't been out in a while." Emma states casually.

"Yea the last time we went out was for Lana's birthday which was like a month ago."

"That's sad." I pout.

"Yea I've missed you guys." Emma frowns.

"Me too, and I'm going to need more going out nights of I'm going to be studying every day again." Danielle sighs. The one thing she hates more than bananas is studying.

"Yea, well hopefully we'll be invited to a few parties at school." I suggest with a smile.

"You guys have to invite me if you do." Emma smirks.

"Of course, we wouldn't go without our gang." I say as if it's the most obvious thing. Lana and Niall arrive with our drinks and I only just realise how thirsty I am. I take a sip through the straw as the familiar tasty liquid runs down my throat and I moan. "Yum, I haven't had one of these in what feels like forever."