Part 24: Request #8

A request from Emily in tumblr  :) Hope you like it! If errors occur sorry  :D I did this in the middle of the night and idk I just happen to sleep at 2am

~~~

"Isaac," you said, a bit scared as he pulled you to the cold water of the lake.

"It's safe, I promise," he assured, pulling you to a canoe and taking the paddling sticks from the ground and throwing them in the keelless boat and pushing it in the water before jumping in.

"Ooh, man," you looked wary as you were now floating to the middle of the lake, gripping the edge of the boat a bit tight that made your knuckles white.

"Y/N," Isaac called, "You okay?" He asked, chuckling at how stiff you were sitting down while gripping on for dear life.

"Isaac, you know I'm afraid of riding a boat," you almost growled at how this date was going.

"Y/N, relax," he said. "And this is a canoe, not a boat."

"Canoe, boat, ship-they're all the same!" You argued, your brows already furrowing at the curly haired boy in front of you.

When he handed you the paddle, you looked at it before letting it work in the water and see which direction you two were going.

It seems that after several long minutes, the direction as to where the canoe was going seemed to be questionable to you. Paddling seemed easy and Isaac somehow sees it the other way around.

"You paddle on the righ-" you tried to correct him, shakily standing up to go to him.

"No no no on the left agh! Why are we tipping?!" You exclaimed, suddenly feeling a shift.

"Sit down!" Isaac instructed when he saw you on your feet. "You have to be sitting for this to work, now you paddle left..."

"This canoe is defective. I demand a refund!" You said after an hour of going around and going nowhere.

"Oh my god just sit and paddle," Isaac chuckled at your irritated expression plastered on your face. "This is supposed to be romantic remember?"

"How can it be romantic in a defective canoe?!" You said, standing back up to go back over to your side.

"Y/N, sit dow-"

And just like that, the canoe tips over.

Rising to the surface, you gasped in a lungful of air before turning your head to look for Isaac.

"Isaac!" You called, already panicking all the while trying to stay afloat of the cold water.

When Isaac's head popped out beside you, he immediately wrapped his arms around you and helped you keep your head up and not drown.

"Told you it was defective," you muttered under your breath-knowing that Isaac still heard it.

"Hey, we still have a lot more dates to go and enjoy." He said, trying to brighten up your now bad and literally wet mood, giving a kiss on your cheek before climbing in back the canoe.