Chapter 22

"Look I know you're probably not going to take me back or give me a second chance but I just want to say that I'm sorry.  I don't know why I broke up with you and assumed you and Sammy were secretly together behind my back.  I trust you and that was a dumb move on my part and Sammy explained everything to me.  I was upset about our break up I just wanted to hide it so your dad didn't get suspicious.  If you and I were both upset at the same time I figured he would assume things and I didn't want you to get shit for it" Nate said shaking his head.  "I realized how much you mean to me and how much you affect my life after I left the party.  I knew instantly I made a huge mistake and that I was just going to have to live in hell for a few weeks before I got over you but as the days went on I realized I wasn't going to get over you.  I realized my true feelings for you and I couldn't move on from that, no one else would compare to you and I could never have the same feelings towards another girl without you coming to my mind." Nate continued.  He licked his lips and studied my face for a few seconds before shaking his head slightly "Vanessa I love you.  I'm so in love with you I don't know what to do about it.  I've never felt this way about anyone and I know I fucked it up completely, honestly I'm surprised you're sitting here listening to me right now" He said.  He reached his hand up and cupped my cheeks in his hands, using his thumbs to wipe away my tears that I didn't realize were slipping down my face.

"Nate..." I sighed, opening my mouth to say something but nothing would come out.  I had in my head what I was going to tell him but once he started talking and he said he loved me, that flew out of my head and I had no idea what to say now.  I was going to say something along those lines and obviously it would be different since we have two different sides to this. "What I'm going to say is not going to compare to everything you just said" I laughed dryly.  "Yeah the day you broke up with me I was pissed and upset and I made a few decisions that I shouldn't have just to hurt you.  I said some things that I didn't mean, I was hurt that I thought you weren't upset about our break up at all.  These past three weeks have been absolute hell for me, I can't sleep, I've barely eaten and all I've done is think of you" I said shaking my head.  "I love you too Nate, I knew before we broke up and when you did, I realized that I really did love you with the amount of pain that I went through" I said.  Nate smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back, his smile was contagious.  "Kyle told me he was here yesterday and you were in the same state I was and I worked up the courage to come here this morning" 

"I understand if you don't want this now, but will you please give me another chance?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah I will" I smiled biting my bottom lip.  I moved onto the bed more and crawled onto Nate's lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.  I brought my lips down to his in a deep kiss, biting his bottom lip as I pulled away. I've missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

"I love you" He smiled.

"I love you too" I said, my smile matching his.  I looked down and sighed, figuring I should get home and spend some time with Kyle before he has to leave tomorrow.  

"Hey what's wrong?" Nate asked, hooking his finger under my chin and making me look up at him.

"Kyle has to go back overseas" I said quietly.  

"When does he leave?" Nate asked.

"Tomorrow and he told me this morning at like four when I was awake and couldn't sleep" I sighed "I almost called you like every day. I almost called you" I said and Nate smiled.

"I would have been so happy if you did" He said.

"Well that's all in the past now, let's leave it there and not talk about it" I said standing up and slipping my shoes back on "I'm going to go home and spend some time with Kyle, I'll text you" I smiled as I opened his door.  I walked out and shut it behind me and made my way to the kitchen to grab my things.