T W O

This chapter has not been edited.
Rated 18+
--------------------------------
Chapter 2: Deception
with Depth

"Right this way Sophia," The king's voice caused Sophia to blink as she bounced right back into her internal thoughts.

Why have I been summoned to the king? she thought as a strange feeling grew in the pits of her stomach, her heart rate increased with each daring step she took. Her mind kept sending warning alerts with every move she made, her body just wouldn't have it.

She couldn't believe that she had ever agreed to coming here, how could she be so dense? It was a pure fact that the king didn't just call anyone to have a discussion with. It was clear as day that she was either in trouble or being made a proposition. Yet Sophia couldn't think of any proposition that may be laid into her arms, so she stuck with the idea of her being in trouble.

It couldn't be that bad, right? her subconscious mentally spoke out again causing Sophia to wonder. She had to somewhat agree that if she were in such trouble she would have been locked up behind bars by now, pleading her innocence towards one of the guards till her throat was parched with lack of saliva.

It's terrible, so terrible I have to be put through this anxiety! She screamed out in her mind. She knew that once this was over she would either become worn out or smacked with more anxiety. Which ever one would obviously lead down a road of misery and regret.

She needed to stop her fussing, it only lead to great stress and frustration. Who was she kidding, she had the absolute right to be having an internal fuss with herself.

She sighed.

"You'll have to excuse me dear, I have some duties to attend to. In due time I will come and get to know you a little better. My very own husband speaks divine things of you- Let's hope they are true!" Her royal highness, Queen Anna whispered the last part as she turned to squeeze Sophia into a soft polite hug. Queen Anna sent Sophia one final warm fuzzy smile before strutting off into the further corridors.

Sophia hadn't even the time to wave goodbye as she was still frozen in the spot.

"You must come quickly my beloved!" The king called out to her. Sophia resisted the urge to cringe at the endearment. Beloved was a term vampires used to their loved ones... Preferably their soul mates. She grumbled under her breath as she refocused her gaze on his back. He had a bit of a hunch in his stature and looked to be a bit overweight in the lower waist. Although he did stand at an slightly intimidating height of almost six feet. It was beyond her how he made it seem so together. Then again only someone of high status could pull it off and not be harassed for it.

with quickened legs, Sophia turned on the last corridor in the West wing. It was quite outstanding if she were the judge of it.

with wandering eyes they finally land on the king's own. His arms stretched out as he held the door open for her.

Quickly entering inside muttering a small 'thank you', she decided to take a seat in one of the lonesome chairs far at the back of the room.

"Oh no dearie, come sit right up front."

With slight hesitation she rose from her seated position and steadily walked to a closer seat.

"How are you this fine morning?" The king's voice calmly asked her. Sophia didn't understand why her health and feelings were such a concern towards the man of high staus. With a small frown she answered-

"Fine your-" cut off from her formalities with a finger raised in the air to stop her from speaking, Sophia shut her mouth with a raised eyebrow as she waited for the king to speak.