O N E

This chapter has not been edited.
Rated 18+
----------------------------------
Chapter 1: The Royals

The sky was somber and dreary, the fields were dry due to it's ailing. The weak stench of decay penetrated her nostrils as a light breeze blew by.

Sophia's mouth felt dry and the bittersweet taste of the stale warm bread that lay steamily on the dish beckoned her to devour it.

Stooping low, she took a small petite bite of the French bread. Chewing softly as it crumbled into her mouth, savoring the taste as she licked her lips somehow tasting it's sweetness.

Bite after bite, she was left with nothing more than but a few crumbs scattered around the empty dish.

Her stomach growled.

Shutting her eyes closed tightly she resisted the strong urge to eat more.

She had just gotten three loaves and it would take nearly a week to get another batch. Sighing in her seat, she glanced over at the time.

It was time for her bath, She remembered. Slowly getting up taking her dish along with her, she washed and cleaned until she could finally go to her bedroom.

Walking down the hall she looked down to her blotchy skin. Dirt and small bruises covered her. it was certainly time for a bath, she thought to herself as she scratched at her rash that had covered a small portion of her elbow.

Quietly she turned the tap to her tub on and stripped her clothes off. Grabbing her brown sponge she dipped into the tub once reach at a small height.

She scrubbed at the tiny scratches and tiny blotches of dirt that smudged her pale skin as she hummed to a small tune she had grown to love.

Once most of the dirt that covered her skin was washed away, she rose from the small tub and took a small brown towel from the upper shaft.

Drying herself clean as well as her light brown hair, she quickly put her hip length auburn hair in a small bun revealing almost small streaks of gold. she dressed in her favorite white night gown.

It was plain, long and broad. But it still was her favorite of all the night gowns she had gotten from town. She smiled softly as she glanced down at herself.

She rubbed a small amount of medical cream on her elbow- that should get rid of it by tomorrow. She thought happily setting the small tube down. Before she even had the chance to rub some lotion on her delicate skin, there was a solid knock on the door.

Sophia's whole body froze.

No one was supposed to be here? She was the only one here... She was the only one left. Or so she thought, clearly there was someone else.

A shiver ran down her spine as she swallowed.
Come on, it's probably just some hare or some wilder beast that was rummaging through the garbage again!
She internally reminded herself, letting out a small breath before taking small steps towards the door.

What if it's a killer?

Don't be stupid if anyone wanted to kill you they would have done it already like they did with the rest of your clan.

Maybe it's Pam or Claudette! She excitedly thought but knew it was neither.

As soon as she made her way to her door, the knocking had occurred again causing her to flinch.

Hesitant in her actions she fumbled in trying to open the door. But her hand deceiving her mind she had cracked the door open.

"Miss Sophia of the Cerbs?" An young gentleman that looked to be in his twenties stared down at her gracefully.
With a straightened posture and a tilt of the chin, she responded, "yes... And you must be..." Trailing off as she glanced down at his attire.