Mommy Dearest

*Emily's POV*

"Amanda," My mother said, smiling and looking relieved. 

"Kara," I said. Her smile disappeared.

"Kara? I'm your mother," she said. 

"I know, it's just that, you haven't been my mother for the majority of my life," I said. 

"Emily, what's going on?" Jack said. 

"Emily? You still go by Emily?" My mother said.

"My best friend is still legally named Amanda Clarke. It's a little strange for me to go by that name. Especially since she was married to my husband before me," I said. 

"Oh, that's right. The girl you let me believe was my daughter. And then you let me believe she was dead," my mother said. 

"Kara. What are you doing here?" My dad said, walking up beside me. 

"I wanted to see my daughter. And my ex-husband. I'm thinking about moving here," my mother said. 

"What?" The girl behind her shrieked. 

"Lexi, honey, please be quiet," my mother said. 

"Lexi?" My father asked. 

"My second husband's daughter. My daughter, too, actually," My mother said. 

"I have another half sister?" I asked my mother. 

"You do. I didn't mention her the first time I was here, because Amanda didn't seem too interested in catching up with me. Now I know why. Because she wasn't my daughter so she really didn't care," my mother said. 

"Kara, you should really go. You don't belong here anymore," my father said. 

"No, Kara. You really don't belong here. Why don't you leave the Hamptons immediately?" Victoria said. 

"Victoria Grayson. So nice to see you again," my mother said.

"There is way too much drama here," Jack whispered to me. I glanced over and saw that all the cameras in the bar were honed in on our little circle. Charlotte walked up, causing more flashes to go off. 

"Maybe we should continue this later, in private," I suggested, moving my eyes quickly to the cameras. 

"I'm perfectly happy with finishing this. Let them know I'm back in the Hamptons," my mother said. Then she turned to the cameras and yelled, "I'm back in the Hamptons, everyone! Put that in your magazines!" 

"I'm so sorry, Emily. She has a habit of making everything about her," Lexi said from behind her. 

"It's alright. Dad, shut down the party, please," I said, forcing myself to keep the smile on my face. He nodded, and walked away, Victoria on his heels. 

"That woman has more nerve than a bat out of hell," my mother said. 

"They were in love, Kara," I said. 

"We were in love. But I guess that doesn't mean anything anymore. Where's the guest room?" Kara asked. 

"We don't have one. Just our bedroom and the nursery. I suggest you get  a hotel room," I said cooly. 

"You have a guest room. I know you do. Everyone does," Kara said. 

"We truly don't. Whenever someone comes to visit us, they always stay in the guest room at the beach house, which Dad owns. So I'm guessing you and Lexi won't be welcomed there," I said. 

"Even people from Jack's side of the family?" Kara said.

"Jack's mother is very comfortable with Dad," I said. 

"A little too comfortable, maybe? Fine. Where is a good hotel?" Kara said. 

"Down the street. I suggest you get a cab. There may be drunk men lurking," Jack said. 

"You live in a bad part of town?" Kara said. 

"I wouldn't say bad. We certainly don't live in Grayson Manor," Jack said. My stomach dipped, as I rememberd Grayson Manor. Victoria had burned it down in an attempt to frame me for her murder. I had been living there at the time, and it was still a little painful. I still owned the property, and Jack and I were currently building a new mansion with the money we had received from the insurance. 

"I heard you were building a new one," Kara said. 

"We're most certainly not building a new Grayson Manor. We're building a mansion of our own, however," I said. 

"And I expect to have a guest room with my name painted on the door," Kara said. 

"You won't be welcome in our home," I said. 

"And why not? What did I ever do to you?" She said, 

"You tried to drown me. I don't think I can ever forgive you for that," I said. 

"I see. I just hope you know that I'm on medication now. I'm being taken care of," Kara said. 

"I just hope you never tried to do that to Lexi," I said. She shook her head and walked out, Lexi on her heels. 

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" Charlotte asked. 

"Not that I can think of. Just don't let her know you're staying in the guest room," I said, smiling at her. 

"I won't. I promise," she said, smiling back at me.