Chapter 24

It's been a week since I have talked to Layla, she gave me her number but, I don't know how Taylor will think about this.

Nash and I have spent a lot of quality time together, I never thought I could hang out with my brother without taking care of my kids, but I can. We sit outside while Taylor swims and Sidney sleeps.

Sidney doesn't wake up too much throughout the night. Usually once or twice.

I've been having night terrors ever since I murdered that man. How could I do something like that? Maybe he deserved it.

I decided to read Ashleys diary for clues to if she knew him.

I came across a page that was very detailed.

"December 18, 2014
A few weeks ago I cheated on Hayes with his friend from high school... I forgot his name, but he has been blackmailing me. He told me that if I didn't leave Hayes he would start writing letters and take someone very special to me away. I couldn't leave Hayes and he started to send letters to me. I'm trying to protect Hayes, but as soon as I took the pregnancy test I knew I couldn't protect him anymore... it wasn't even his..."

What the actual fuck.

Sidney isn't mine? She cheated on me?

F this. F Ashley.

I texted Layla.

"Wanna go out to dinner?"

A few minutes later I got a text back

"Yeah, pick me up in 30 minutes.😘"

My parents are going to babysit while I go out with Layla.

I picked her up and went to China Buffet and Bar.

We are our food and she suggested a few drinks from the bar.

"I'm having a really good time Hayes."

"Me too."

Before I could even take another sip of my drink she kissed me.

We made out for a few minutes and then she got my hand and took me to my car.

Needless to say me and her had sex in the parking lot and then i stayed over her house.

When I woke up that morning I felt VERY tipsy. I had a hangover all night last night.

By the time morning came and I woke up I didn't know wether to stay or leave. I didn't know if this was a one night stand or what.

In all reality I hope it wasn't because I really am catching feelings for her again.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.

She yawned, "Goodmorning, handsome."

"Goodmorning pumpkin."

"I thought you were gonna leave me." she said kinda sad.

How could I leave her? I have lost far too many people in this world.

I really want things to be official between us, but I'm gonna wait and see how things work out.

"Wanna come to my parents house with me and visit with the kids?" I was so nervous. Now she's going to meet my children.

Layla has always loved kids, animals, anything you can think of. She brings the good out of me.

We arrived to my parents house and my mom and her chatted for a minute. My dad greeted her, and Nash just smiled.

After a minute or two I heard Taylor running down the stairs.

"Daddy! You're back!" Taylor screamed in excitement.

I gave him a big hug.

"Okay, now Taylor, I want you to meet Layla. Layla this is Taylor."

Layla looked at him and smiled, "Nice to meet you Taylor, you're very handsome."

It was taking Taylor a minute to understand what was going on.

"Nice to meet you too. Can I show you my room? It has lots of toys!" Taylor said while grabbing her hand and running to take her to his room.

Layla looked back and smiled with a thumbs up.

I went to the nursery and was rocking Sidney. Gosh she was so beautiful.

Sidney opened her eyes and was just staring at me.

"What Sidney? You looking at daddy?" I said while smiling and talking in a baby voice.

She lit up.

After about half an hour Taylor and Layla made their way to the nursery.

"And Layla this is Sidney."

Layla just looked at her in aw. I didn't know what she was doing. She was just so memorized by her.

"She is so beautiful."

Layla held her and they had a bond.

After dinner I drove Layla home.

We were sitting in her driveway.

"I really don't want you to leave, but we got things to do." Layla said.

"I know. We can make plans real soon. The kids love you and so do I."

"You do?" Layla asked like she was worried.

It would have taken awhile to tell her how much I loved her.

So instead I showed her.

I looked into her eyes as she was looking into mine, I leaned in and so did she. We began making out.

I loved her. I really did.

I stopped, "I'll come by tomorrow, babe."

She smiled and walked inside.

What a perfect night for such a crappy guy like me.

--

Up next: The guy Hayes murdered is reported missing & Hayes and Layla become official.