Little Faramir

(Faramir being Pippin's son in the future ^-^

"Daddy, daddy" the young boy laughed, his brown curls that adorned his head, were pushed back by a calloused hand, revealing the child's bright green eyes. "Faramir what are you doing out of bed?" Pippin smiled and helped his son onto his lap where he let out a fit of giggles and wrapped his small hands around his father's finger. "I wasn't tired" he blinked innocently hoping with all his might that his father would let him stay up.

"Fine. But be quiet or your mother will kill me" Pippin laughed and tickled his son making the young boy squirm and laugh uncontrollably before he slapped both his hands against his mouth, "Sorry daddy" he giggled softly. His face flushed, Faramir crawled off of his father's lap and ran off before coming back, dragging an old tattered book along with him.

 "Daddy will you read to me pleeeeeaaaaase?" he panted, slightly breathless as he managed with difficulty to bring himself and the book up onto his lap. "But this is a photo album" Pippin stated looking questioningly at his son who was making himself comfortable.

"I know, but I like stories of you and uncle Merry" he stated, eagerly watching his father as he flipped through the book and studied each childhood photo carefully. Pippin smiled wistfully, looking at each photo until a single tear fell from his eye, fingers frozen over a photo of himself, Merry and their cousin Frodo and their friend Samwise. Faramir took notice and crawled between his father's arms, studying the photo carefully.

"Daddy who are they" Faramir whispered softly, his small fingers curled around the smiling faces of both Frodo and Sam.

Pippin smiled sadly and rested his chin on top of the child in front of him, taking the small hand into his own large one and pressed it softly against his wrinkled cheek, "They were my family...I loved them like my brothers" he murmured softly, looking at the open window, through the wall of glass and at the eternal sky.

The cold breeze carried the curtains inside and a soft whisper echoed in the room, breaking total silence. "Where are they now?" Faramir asked innocently, looking up at his father's tired face, his bright eyes reflected off of Pippin's dull ones.

A sigh escaped his lips and a wave of sadness washed over him "They travelled to a place where beauty never ages, time is not measured and where life is endless." Faramir scrunched his button like nose, thinking hard about his father's words "It sounds nice, but daddy?" Pippin smiled and kissed the top of his son's head

"Yes?"

 Faramir looked up at him with wide eyes, almost pleadingly "Promise me you won't leave mommy and me?" Pippin couldn't ignore the pleading look his son gave him, and his innocence to the ways of the world brought a smile on his face "I promise, but in turn you must promise me something."

Pippin's fingers found their way to Faramir's soft curls, "Promise me you'll be strong, no matter what happens to me?" Faramir smiled sleepily and yawned, curling up in his father's lap, gently nuzzling his stomach as he fell asleep, "I promise daddy."