7. Sigils and pentagrams

□■¤▪Riley's pov▪¤■□

When I was cooled off enough John and Natasha helped me redress and shuffle to the couch. The living room had been cleaned a bit, sigils and signs were placed on walls and remaining windows in marker, paint, and a couple in blood. Castiel was still there with the others, who were now suited up and ready for any attack. They all looked at us, we'll me, like a bomb that would implode at any time.

"Hey guys. Sorry. I should've seen that coming."I smiled weakly.

"Do not be ridiculous, you are not able to see the future."

"Exactly what can you do?" Banner asked after an awkward pause.

"Well... I can move things, kill and exorcise demons, do basically anything an angel or demon can do. Hurt people, put them back together, make them forget. I can't smoke out or take a vessel, don't need to. I can fly all the way around a world in 37 seconds. Basically anything I put my mind to, I can do. But at great cost. Every time I use my powers it drains me of energy, and gives me these fevers. The more, or more powerful, powers I use, the hotter I burn."

"If she gets hot enough, she may explode. Taking a species with her, angels or demons whatever is closest at that time."

"What about the alien? What if they are closest?"

"The Timelords are pretty much extinct. Me, Riley, The Doctor...the not me, the original, and another Timelady/human woman called River Song...if she isn't dead by now. There was a war, we are the only ones left." John tried to explain, straightening his bowtie.

"Your entire species died because you lost a war?" Tony sounded like he smelled something dead.

"I didn't say we lost." His voice was suddenly dark. There was an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"No worries, that's the past this is now. Riley! What should we do next?"

"Well...they need inked up and Enochian sigils now." I looked at Cas. "I can't help this time bud, you know I would." He nodded and walked to the others.

"This will hurt a bit it will keep you hidden from every angel in creation." He placed his hands on Banner and Natasha they winced and gasped with pain, then did the same with Tony, Clint, and Steve.

"What did you do brand us with it?" Tony whined. I smiled at the dejia vu.

"No I carved it into your ribs."

"Now back to the tattoo parlor we go." I sat up on the couch.

"Hold on. Tattoos of what exactly?"

Thor and John lifted their sleeves and I pulled down my shirt collar to show the pentegram.

"Keeps you from being possessed." I said.

"I'll take Riley, meet at the parlor in five minutes." He picked me up and flew me into the shop.

"Hey Matt, I'm back."

"Wow, so soon? And with a new friend is he getting something today?"

"No I have no need of an anti-possession sign . The others will be here in a few minutes to get theirs."

"More pentagrams? This sure sounds like a cult."

"I assure you we are no cult, just a group of people with similar interests and goals."

"Cass, shut up and put me down. I'm not a baby, I can sit up on my own."

An awkward minute later the other guys strolled in Steve looked a bit wary of the piercing display.

"Holy crap. Those are the Avengers! Your buddies are the Avengers?!" Matt looked at me like 'how?'.

"Yep, and they need some ink."

"Yo Skooba! I'm gonna need some help in here." The other man came out of the back.

"The Avengers! What can we do for you?"

"They each need one of these. Somewhere that people on the streets won't see and judge." I pushed the sleeve up John's arm, showing the pentegram.

"Hold on. Devil worship? I never thought...you guys are hero's you shouldn't-"

"Hey, they aren't for devil worship. These are devil's traps, anti-possession symbols. Demons are real and we are fighting them, but they don't need to get possessed while fighting."

"Oh....okaaayyy...so who is going first?"He may not quite understand, but he got the general idea.

Tony and Natasha volunteered as tributes. Then Clint and Steve, who was nervous because he hates needles and never has had a tattoo before.

"Come on man. Buck up, it's just a needle. Nothing compared to what you have been through." Tony said, fully aware of what his father had done.

He nodded, took his shirt off, and sat facing his comrades.
"Left shoulder blade." He winced as the needle traced the image.

When we were all done, I paid and we left. "See isn't that bad." I said as we left, I was feeling much better and was able to walk holding John's arm. As the elevator doors opened he whispered "So, what now?"

"I have no idea. I hope something happens soon."

At that moment there was a manly scream of pain in the other room. I looked around, everyone was here. We got up, filed into that room, and beheld a bloody mess.