6. Avengers, Demons, and Cass

The elevator doors opened to a huge open penthouse. We walked out and a thin man with a circle of light under his shirt greeted us.

"Thor! What's up man? I thought Loki was in a maximum security cell for the rest of his life. And who is this beauty?" He looked at me, then John stepped forward.

"My fiance, Riley Griffin. I'm Doctor John Smith. Call me Doctor, or John, or Smith, or whatever you want."

"Oh, ok...Doctor."

"We don't know how he escaped. Are the others here as well?"

The man led us into a dining area where the other four were.
"Yeah I had Fury contact them. Banner has been with me this past week, Clint and Natasha were in New York already, Cap pretty much lives here. So we were all pretty easy to round up. Unfortunately Fury couldn't be here."

Four pairs of eyes stared at us.

"Ok introductions! I'm Doctor John Smith, this is my fiancé, Riley Griffin."

"They live on Asgaurd, and are two of my closest friends." Thor said.

A blond man stood up. "Hi I'm Captain Steve Rogers."

"Captain America." Tony whispered.

"I'm Doctor Bruce Banner. Pleasure to meet you." A man with dark curly hair stood and shook our hands.

"The Hulk."

"I don't like to bring the other guy up when I meet people Stark." Banner warned.

"I'm Clint Barton." A smaller blond man with hearing aids waved.

"Natasha Romanov, looks like we're very out numbered Riley." The redhead smiled at me and I grinned back.

"And of course I'm Tony Stark, Iron man, the owner of this building and Sta-"

"Ok I think they got it." Banner cut him off. "Please sit down, we were told that you know Loki's whearabouts."

John held my hand as I told them what happened this morning. When I was up to contacting Tony I stopped

"Wait, so you moved things, with your mind. How?"

"I'm getting to that. You have heard of Angels and Demons, correct?" The group nodded.

"Well...Angels have vessels and Demons have what they call meatsuits. They use people's bodies as their own for a while, the difference is that not everyone can be a vessel and the angel's must have permission from the vessel. My mom was being used as a vessel while she was pregnant with me. My dad was possessed by a demon the whole time they were together, he fed me his blood when I was a newborn. The result was a half angel-half demon. My blood was balanced, so I was a normal kid. Then it got tipped to the angel side and balanced back out by demon blood."

Tony looked confused. "Ok so you grew up normal, on earth, how are you an alien too?"

"My people, the Timelords, would exile a person to another planet and lock away that person's memories and DNA in a watch. She is the descendant of one of these, she opened the watch."

"This is too weird for me." Barton mumbled.

"Prove it." Tony accused. "Prove to me that you are an angel demon alien thing."

"Riley don't, you've done enough today, he will just have to trust us."

"No John,he is a man of science, he needs proof."

At that moment a crash sounded from the living area.

"Please tell me you have a cat?" John asked.

"No."

We ran out of the room. Tony pressed a button on his bracelet and suited up, Rogers and Clint grabbed their weapons from under their chairs.

Three men and a woman with black eyes were standing in the room. The large windows were busted.

"Who are you?" Tony was taken aback by the intrusion.

"Demons. Tony, we need salt."

"We want the Weapon." The woman said. "We will leave peacefully if the Weapon comes with us."

While she was talking, I got the salt gin out. "Well you're gonna go with a fight then." I fired then handed the gun to John who was trying to find an exorcism. That was a cue for the others to fight. Arrows, shield, and Hammer flew towards them. The arrows exploded before impace, the shield was caught, but the hammer hit it's mark and pinned the demon to the building across the street.

I raised my hand and the woman smoked out, I burned the smoke. The men were shocked I flew over to where they were, placed my hands on their heads, and killed them. I brought the other Demon back, and did the same. I allowed my wings and eyes to be visible.

"Believe me now?" I asked as the world went dark

John's pov

I ran and caught her as she collapsed. Steve took her feet and we carried her to the couch. I stuck a candy thermometer in her mouth.

"Come on Riley, sweetheart. Wake up. Please, we need you. Get ice. Put it in a bath tub with COLD water. We need to get her temperature down." Clint and Natasha filled out his orders.

"Putting her in ice water will make her go into shock." Banner objected

"No it is saving her life!" I picked her back up and carried her to the bathroom. "Natasha. Help me take her clothes off. Leave the undergarments!" When she was stripped I set her gently in the iced water. Steam filled the bathroom. I took the thermometer out.

297° F

"Riley, I told you to be careful. We could've just exorcised them."

"What is up with her veins?" Natasha sounded shocked.

Riley's veins were glowing red and blue. She stirred.

"Riley! Sweetheart talk to me. You ok?"

"No. I'm gonna kill Loki, and Crowley, and... uhhggg. Why do my veins do that?" She looked at her arms in angry wonder.

"They do that because the blood is fighting for dominance."

Natasha Roundhouse Kicked Castiel through the doorway.

"Cass! Natasha he's a friend. How did you find us?" I asked him?

"She connected to angel radio. Luckily I'm the only one who could hear her."

"How?" I was very confused now.

"Well her mother was my vessel 19 years ago."

"Hold on. So your telling me your the angel that doomed me to have angel blood!" Now Riley was mad, and her arms grew brighter.

"I didn't know that she was pregnant. I needed a vessel on short notice and she was the only one close. I'm sorry, you have my blood."

Riley murmured something and ducked under the water. Steam rolled off her head.

"I have news. Crowley was behind this. He is trying to work with Loki, but so are the angels. As far as I know the child is fine. She can see the true faces of demons and angels. Did you know that?"

"No. I didn't."

...

Thanks to @TimelordQueen for designing the cover!

Hope this isn't moving along too fast. For y'all.

Till the last word.

RRG