10: CAUGHT RED-HANDED

SPIDER-MAN AND ATOM ROGUE: HOMECOMING
P10 | CAUGHT RED-HANDED

SPIDER-MAN AND ATOM ROGUE: HOMECOMINGP10 | CAUGHT RED-HANDED

**

Peter Parker loved having dinner at the Rohan household.

Before he had met Mira Rohan, if May was working late he would either eat on his own or go to Ned's place, his grandmother always making a feast and never letting him leave the table till he had finished at least three plates of food. That had started to change the longer he knew Mira. He had barely known her three months when he showed up on her doorstep with a pizza, her comment during their first study session about how used to eating alone she was had left him unable to control his feet which had drawn him right to the Rohan apartment.

Most of the time it ended up being two of them thanks to her mother's insane work schedule at Avengers Tower.

They would normally just watch movies or play board games until her mom got back, though since last week and coming to the realisation that they both had powers, they had been doing breakdowns. He would try and explain how his Spider-Tingle worked while she would break down the science in her atom sense. They had also started getting a little competitive with their strength and speed, sneaking off to the roof to see who was faster at building hopping while using patrols to try and work out who was stronger.

He loved coming here once or twice a week for dinner because it meant he could be himself. Completely.

Well...he usually loved coming to the Rohan apartment.

Today was very-very different, however.

While Quinn had been here a few times when he was over for dinner, often using the evening to expand his cuisine knowledge with more rare Cantonese dishes he had never even heard about, tonight... Quinn wasn't the only parent at home.

Mira had tried to warn him, practically shoving him back out of her window not a second after his feet had hit the carpet, only for her bedroom door to open, revealing a certain capped hero in regular clothes who had been off-world for the past few weeks meaning Peter hadn't been utterly terrified every time he came over.

Marcus Rohan.

What made the crippling fear Peter had felt in that moment as the hero's blue eyes glared back at him, a light flicker of yellow momentarily appearing which Marcus hid before he could even try and escape, was what had happened next. Before Marcus had been able to make a comment Quinn had appeared telling him he had to stay for dinner because she knew May was working late.

Hence now.

Tense.