9: TRAUMA CLAWING AT FLESH

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P9: TRAUMA CLAWING AT FLESH

**

Mira Rohan couldn't stop pacing.

As her plane remained unmoving, still stuck at JFK for the layover, she couldn't stop pacing as she tried to get through to either Peter or Tony.

The fact that Tony had gone to Peter's apartment made it crystal clear to her that he knew he was Spider-Man despite all of her attempts to keep his identity secret. Six months of lying to protect Peter for nothing because Tony knew the truth.

Feeling the atoms of a car pull up, Mira didn't hesitate, she bolted out of the jet, wide eyes quickly focusing on the car that was pulling up.

The instant she saw him she was moving, pink twisting around her fingers and feet.

"PETER!"

She used her powers to float down toward him, quickly throwing herself at him, Peter quickly caught her mid-flight, his arms automatically wrapping around her waist and tugging her close.

"Hey M-" He squeezed her back tightly, not noticing Happy Hogan's furious gaze as he held onto her tightly "-I'm okay. Recruited by Iron Man but it's awesome!."

"I didn't tell-" She whispered, burying her face into his shoulder, her hold on him still tight, her actions reflecting just how scared she was at him thinking she had told Tony about his identity despite promising months ago she wouldn't "I promise, I didn't tell him. Peter, I wouldn't-I didn't I promise."

"I know." Peter smiled into her shoulder squeezing her back just as tightly "I trust you."

Two hands clapping together caused the pair to jump apart in panic.

Mira sighed as she spotted Happy glaring at her and Peter, with a glint in his eyes that screamed absolute murder "Where the hell is Uncle Tony?"

She was going to kill him!

"Given the look on your face right now-" Happy quickly tossed over the sandwich he had been told to pick up before picking up Peter to bring him along "-he decided to take a different path to Germany. Can you two get in the jet now?-While standing at least 10 feet apart!"

Both Tony and Rhodey had told him to watch out for any wondering teenage hands between Peter and Mira.

With Mira currently distracted by her sandwich, Peter who had never been on a plane before let alone a private plane furrowed his brows in confusion as he stared at the massive plane in front of him, his phone tightly grasped in his palm recording every detail of this trip "Woah!"

Happy rolled his eyes as he forced open the boot of the car "Come on, I'm not carrying your bags. Rohan grab one of them please."

Letting her eyes focus on Peter's bags Mira couldn't help but find herself confused as she took another bite of her sandwich, just how long did he think they were going to be gone? He had packed enough clothes for a minimum of six months despite the fact this trip to Germany should only last at max two days "Pete, you really need to learn to pack effectively, this is not it."

Instead of being offended as she picked up one of his bags Peter just smiled quickly taking it from her so she didn't have to carry it "May said the same. Next time you pack for me."

"No thanks, I overthink everything as is, if I was packing for you, it would make me crazier-"