8: THE GIRL ON THE WALL

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR | P8: THE GIRL ON THE WALL

**

Given that Tony needed her in Germany, Mira had no idea why the jet was scheduled for a short layover in New York.

It was a private jet, did it need a layover?

While normal layovers mid-flight were due to a lack of fuel, she could literally feel the atoms running through the plane as she and Happy sat in silence as was tradition. She knew for a fact they had enough fuel to make it to Germany, so why were they flying back to New York first?

"Other than the New York pause, which still makes no sense, are you finally going to explain why I am being sent to Germany? I am missing my gymnastics meet for this Uncle Tony!"

Tony's face which was reflected on the TV in front of her revealing him in the backseat of a car, just scrunched up as he rubbed a hand over his forehead "Cap messed up."

Mira really didn't like how vague he was being right now "What?"

"He and Sam...when Bucky broke out, they went after him M. Gone no contact. All three of them have been declared fugitives by the state. Ross gave you, me, and Nat 36 hours to bring them in."

Mira groaned throwing herself back into the massive white leather seat she was sitting on, fingers gripping onto the leather in frustration. Everything since Secretary Ross had told them about the accords had gone wrong. Steve was too closed off to tell anyone anything, scared it would get back to Ross and Tony was going into hyperdrive with setting boundaries thanks to being confronted by his own guilt while they were in Boston.

Both Steve and Tony had good arguments about their choices when it came to the accords which just made it all the harder.

Mira had agreed to sign but she had only done so because she didn't have the kind of options the adults in her life did.

Why Steve and Tony weren't sitting in a room talking it out for hours so they could both get their points across she had no idea. She knew they had spoken after they arrested Steve, but a five-minute conversation was not enough time to discuss all of this given the importance of the situation they were currently in. That wasn't even including the Bucky of it all.

Everything was so messed up!

"So why aren't you here?" If he was sending her to Germany to find Steve by herself she would turn all of the liquor at The Tower into water "Uncle Tony I swear-"

Knowing a threat was coming, Tony quickly waved his hands in front of the screen "I am adding to our roster. Not ditching you to deal with it alone promise."

Mira furrowed her brows in confusion.

Most of the powered people on the index were dead thanks to her father who hunted them down thinking they were threats.

Who the hell was he recruiting?

A small bubble of dread started to form in her gut as she tossed a few peanuts into her mouth before eyeing the image of Tony closely. Given he was in a private car she couldn't see where he was which had her feeling a little scared right now "Tony, where are you right now?"

"Spain." Tony said without hesitation refusing to meet her penetrating gaze as he glanced purposely at anywhere by the camera "Hey, when your plane lands for the layover do you want a sandwich? Happy can go to that place you and Quinn obsess over. What's it called again?"