2: UN-HAPPY LIFE

SPIDER-MAN AND ATOM ROUGE: HOMECOMING
P2: UN-HAPPY LIFE

SPIDER-MAN AND ATOM ROUGE: HOMECOMINGP2: UN-HAPPY LIFE

**

"Michelle is a menace behind the wheel."

Mira couldn't help but giggle at Rhodey's statement as she made her way back into the apartment, her uncle hot on her heels. After much taunting from MJ, Rhodey had jumped into one of the co-carts determined to prove he wasn't an old man.

MJ had destroyed him almost sending his car flying off the tracks.

The echo of Mira's phone buzzing every ten seconds was ringing in both of their ears as they made their way into the apartment.

"She did warn you that she wouldn't go easy on you." Mira argued, ignoring her buzzing phone as she made her way over to the fridge pulling out the apple juice and then reaching for an empty glass from one of the cupboards "MJ literally told me how much she hated my dad despite thinking he died saving people. She has no filter."

"She reminds me of a young Tony." Rhodey admitted as he took a seat at the counter letting Mira push a glass of juice toward him while she twisted her wrist turning her own drink into a milkshake just like did whenever her mother told her she couldn't have any more sugar "Best way to describe Michelle. Tony was 12 when he was in college for the first time. He never really grew up and kids are weirdly more honest than adults. Michelle is blunt by choice."

A part of Mira really wanted to tell Michelle who she really was.

But, that voice in her head, the one that belonged to her father was holding her back. It had taken her 12 years to tell the boy she saw as her own brother. As much as she adored Michelle, given how she had been raised...she just couldn't.

Forcing her brain anyway from all thoughts of finally telling Michelle who she was, Mira groaned as she spotted the time "I have to be in Brooklyn in 30 minutes."

Rhodey clenched his jaw unhappily at the reminder of the missions Ross was still forcing her to go on every single night. It hadn't even taken him four days post-Germany to demand Atom Rogue start working again despite the injuries she had sustained during the fight at the airport. While he had been given the past several weeks off to recover, Mira hadn't. She was currently the face of the Avengers especially given that Tony didn't do as much active work.

Even if she was only being forced to deal with street-level threats right now, it didn't mean that Ross wasn't putting her in danger.

As much of a monster as Marcus was, at least he had always stayed within a mile every time Mira was out there, ready to step in if something went wrong.

"Go get some sleep...I will wake you up in 25."

Mira forced a smile to her face quickly downing her milk-shake and placing the glass in the sink before she made her way into her room. Kicking the door shut behind her she reluctantly grabbed her suit out of the closet only to sigh as she felt familiar ice rush down her spin.