Chapter 19: We are not power rangers

𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚢! 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!

𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚢! 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛!𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!

Hitting the screen of your phone, you turn off the alarm you set for the morning. You sat up begrudgingly, turning your back until you heard a pop. Getting out of bed wasn't always the easiest task for you. But ever since you started giving Logan rides to school, you've fought through every urge to stay down.

You freed yourself from the chambers of blankets and dragged your feet to the bathroom, taking your phone with you. You turned on the light and reached for your toothbrush and paste.

Staring long into the mirror, you got lost in thought. Fighting for your life every night really wasn't healthy for you, and it reflected in the growing hundred-yard-stars you had right now.

Your stare was broken by a ding on your phone. As you looked down, as a notification appeared.

You spit out the foam of the toothpaste and rinsed the rest out. You reached for your phone to read the messages.

It was from Logan.

Space nerd (derogatory)

Taylor asks if she and Tyler
can get a ride to school.

You raise an eyebrow at the request. Would you mind? No, obviously, but it came out of nowhere.

Another ding went off.

Space nerd (derogatory)

Taylor asks if she and Tyler
can get a ride to school.

Tyler said ignore Taylor.

Staring at the text, you let out a chuckle.

Space nerd (derogatory)

Taylor asks if she and Tyler
can get a ride to school.

Tyler said ignore Taylor.

Tell them I'll be there soon.

You sped up your morning routine and threw some clothes on. You packed your bag, put in your shoes, and made your way to the kitchen. Opening the freezer, you grabbed a pack of frozen waffles and threw two in the toaster.

As the ding went off to set them free, you took them out and placed one more in. Grabbing the container, you sprinkled a small amount of powdered sugar on each waffle, doing the same with the third as it finished heating.

Placing the waffles in a container, you grabbed your things, found your keys, and headed out to your car.

The drive to Logan's was fairly short, but peaceful nonetheless. You texted him you had arrived and he made his way out shortly after.