Chapter 6: Turn your bones into glow sticks

𝓢𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂, 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂!

With the conversation on hold, you all decided to figure out what to do with the phantom.

    You all surrounded the phantom. Tyler poked it with his.. baseball knife? Welp, if it works it works.

    "So." Tyler starts, "What do we do?"

    Right. This must be the first time they've actually killed.

    "Maybe we could experiment with it?" Suggested Taylor, "See what's most effective in damaging the body?"

    "Wait!" Aiden interrupted. Everyone turned to him. He pointed to you. "That thing you did back there. With the flashlight? What was that about?"

You thought for a second about what he meant. You then remembered you used your flashlight to slightly melt the Phantom down to make it weaker.

"Oh. Yeah." You huffed, you pulled out your phone, "I discovered a little while ago that these guys react terribly to light. I mean, they take the phrase "Don't go into the light." A little too literally."

"So you're saying.." Aiden chuckled pulling out his phone, "If I just flashed my flashlight-"

The phantom started to spaz out under the light. The rest of them freaked out.

"Turn it off!" Tyler demanded. Aiden abided and turned off his flashlight. You wondered what made him so uptight at times.

The Phantom was now reduced to a gooey substance.

"So.. yeah." You followed up, "but unfortunately I can't replace my bones with glow sticks so if they break my bones I don't exactly have a plan b."

Aiden chuckled at your words. "Well hey, you'll never know unless you try." You both smiled at your antics. This kid never seemed to stop smiling. It was maybe a little too apparent. That's something to keep in mind.

"You said you've been here for… a while, right?" Taylor turned to you, somewhat solemnly; afraid it was a touchy subject.

"Yeah." You answered genuinely, "Don't worry about bringing up my time here. Dancing around the subject won't change anything."

"Right. Sorry. But what do you usually do when you kill a phantom?" She asked.

"Oh, simple really." You started. You went to grab the body, "I usually just rid of it. Get it out of wherever I'm staying. They don't seem to regenerate. At least not quickly, I mean who knows they totally could but I haven't seen it happen soooo.." You grabbed the body of goop and tried to dump it out the window.

Ashlyn seemed to hear something as she looked to the back of the bus. Logan had awoken with a groan. He put his glasses back on.

"What?" he mumbled weakly.

"Oh," Taylor acknowledged, "You're up! Are you feeling any better?" She smiled. It was nice to see a genuine smile.

"Not really.."

As he moved forward he got sight of the remains of the slime. Your hands are now messy with the substance.

"What happened to it!?" He asked in panic.

"Your buddy over there," Aiden gestured to you as your sleeves and pants were almost comically covered in black goo, "Let us know that if these things are exposed to light for long, they start to wig out and turn to goop." His body language gave the tone as if he were replying LOL. "Their bodies start to twist and bubble and spaz-"

You could visibly see Logan start to get Squeamish. One of the reasons you were so concerned for him was because you knew he didn't always take these things lightly.

"Okay, stop." Tyler interrupted, like an annoyed mom to their 5 year old when they're over-sharing, "I think he gets the picture. Now quit before you make him sick."

You go over to him and lead him to sit down.

"Since he's awake," He started again, "Let's talk about Savannah."