Chapter 2: Im gonna fight history myself.

It's the present day now, and I've been dealing with these dreams, if you were to call them that, for around a year now. Here's what I've learned:

    1    I'm stuck in this dimension for 7 hours a night. On the other hand, in the real world only a minute passes.

    2    It happens every midnight. There goes any sleepovers I planned on having. Not about to permanently scar anyone if I die in there and don't wake up.

    3    If I get injured in the realm, It won't appear in the real world but the pain will remain, just a little drowned down. Along with that, the injuries tend to heal quicker, although not quick enough in my opinion.

    4    These creatures, which I've chosen to name 'phantoms' with the occasional name of 'slender motherfuckers', react poorly to chemical sprays and seem to melt in light. I only figured out the light one more recently when it got too dark in a room and I needed to use my phone flashlight as a last resort.

    5    I am the only human in the phantom realm.

Or at least I was.

Until last week.

I woke up as usual, not getting much well rested sleep but my body had grown accustomed. I take a shower and get dressed for school. As I make my way to the kitchen to grab some sorta caffeinated drink, I decide to make myself a snack for later. I don't usually wake up hungry so I never eat breakfast.

My parents were out of the house so it was a quiet morning, once again nothing I'm new to.

I walk outside and get in my car, taking a deep breath to prepare me for the horrors of a public highschool.

Before I navigate to school, I stop by a friend's house to pick him up. I usually pick him up in the mornings now, he's a year younger than me and can be a target of bullying, but I am not afraid to throw hands with a 15/ 16 year old. These hands are rated E for everyone.

I pull up as I see him walking out the door. He greets me as he enters the car, "Morning!" He takes a second to collect his books in order, looking a little disheveled.

"Logan, dude," I say with light hearted concern, "Chill, what's up?"

"Sorry," he starts, "I just didn't get much sleep last night and woke up late. I was in a rush."

"Dude, don't worry about it. We're on time." I calm him down. I start to drive as he gets situated. "Lotta homework? I know you're taking some APs, right?"

For a split second, I thought I saw his eyes widen. "Uh" he stuttered. "Yeah, just homework was a little tougher."

I chuckle, "You're a smart guy, I'm sure you did fine." I give him a glance, he's been looking more tired recently, I worry that these classes are starting to stress him out. "If you ever need help I'm always open to lend a hand." I bring up, "Except for math, you might want to find someone else for that."

"Yeah," he spoke, "I'll keep that in mind." He seemed almost sheepish. Like he was nervous, or even hiding something.

I have a sigh, "Listen, I don't know what's going on, and it's fine if you don't want to tell me, but I'm here for you, you know that, right."

He gave a nod, seemingly avoiding eye contact.

"If it's Barron again I'll fuck him up-"

"It's not Barron." He cut me off. I stayed quiet, not used to him speaking back so quickly. I've known Logan for a while now, I knew how his mind worked, and this was new. There's something he wasn't telling me, but I knew prying at it wasn't going to help.