Chapter 13: Bad at socializing but I can kick you into the sun!

You had to admit, it was kinda fun watching the gang get thrown around.

You just saw Tyler get knocked down like he weighed as much as a feather. He got humbled real quick.

You sat on the ground, leaning on the tires Logan sat upon. Ashlynn's dad helped Tyler up. Tyler had bruises and scratches all over his body. "Alright, Logan, you're up!"

You looked up as Logan sulked. He got up, dramatic tears staining his face. You giggled at the sight, taking a sip of your monster.

"Your dad's brutal." Tyler told Ashlynn as he held the back of his head.

"No one in the real world would take it easy on us," Ashlynn replied, "So he isn't going to either."

You hummed at her statement, your eyes shifted over to her mom right as she slammed Ben down to the ground. Your jaw hit the ground in a smile.

"Actually," Tyler continued, "I might be more scared of your mom."

"Hell yeah," you laughed, "girl boss."

"Alright, you, new kid." She pointed at you as Taylor and Aiden went to help out Ben, Aiden being amused as ever. "You're up."

You put down your drink and gave a tired smile. You got up. You were in your casual training gear: a loose t-shirt and cargo sweats. When you weren't on the clock, you'd practice by yourself.

But that's what they didn't know.

So when you started sparring, she was caught off guard by your dodge. You grabbed her arm and tried to flip her onto her back. Key word: tried. Although you were able to flip her, she was still ex-military. She landed on her feet, dragging her with you.

All eyes were on you two.

You two separated, circling each other. She lunged for you when you dodged again, simply stepping back. You held your leg out and she stumbled over it. Mid trip she turned and grabbed your arm to take you down with her. You turned and she grabbed both of your arms and laid on her back. She put a foot to your stomach and flipped you over. You got the wind knocked out of you as your back hit the ground. You recouped quickly and rolled over as she tried to pin you. Both of you got on your knees as you went for her waist. You hugged her waist and arched backward, her forearms catching the ground before her face. She kicked you back with her legs before wrapping them around your hips. She then used momentum to flip you around and shifted herself to pin you down.

She stared at you. You stared back.

She got up as the others watching applauded.

She helped you up. "You're a tough one, aren't you?"

You took her hand as she hoisted you up, catching your breath. "Toughest cookie in the jar." You joked.

"Woah, Logan." Aiden perked up, "I know you said they were good, but I didn't think you meant like that!"

"Yeah." Logan smiled, part because he was proud of you, part because he was glad he didn't have to go hand in hand with Ashlynn's dad. "They're pretty low key about it. Catches a lot of people by surprise. Their reflexes are crazy fast, too. Hard to sneak anything by them."

"Never let your guard down!" Ashlynn's dad yelled as he put Logan in a headlock. Logan reacted terribly, making what you thought was a hilarious face.

"Quick reflexes, huh?" Mrs. Banner asked. "What's with that?"

"I dunno, it's natural I guess." You replied, shrugging. "Picked up judo and dance to improve my reaction time and get more control over my movement."

You walked back to the group as Mr. Banner let go of Logan and you picked up your caffeinated drink.

"You kids want to come in and play some board games? I can make sandwiches!" Ash's mom suggested.

"We can't," Taylor politely declined, "We have to study for midterms.."

"Ah.. sorry to hear that. We'll just bring the sandwiches to you then."

"Study hard!" Ash's dad ended the conversation as they walked back into the house.

You pat Logan on the back as he's still in shock. Aiden laughs, "Haha, midterms, good joke!"

"It wasn't a joke." Tyler bites back, "they're next week."

You cry on the inside thinking about them.

You smile softly as the rest of them chatter. Your gaze lands on Ashlynn. She has an ear plug in one of her hands, like she was listening for something.

She got up and headed towards one of the buses and looked over.

"What's up?" Aiden asked, catching up to her, Tyler behind him. "Hear something again?"

"I thought I did." Ashlynn answered, "It's just a bird."

"You got worked up over a bird?" The angry twin replied.

"Chill, would you?" You elbowed him softly, not wanting to actually hurt him. He rolled his eyes.

"Let's just finish setting up traps." Ashlynn replied.

Once again, you were faced with the moon.