Chapter 17: Know your worth goddamnit!

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!!!

Crap. All of them?

"Alright guys," You gathered their attention once again, "Ben, pass me the keys! Tyler, you carry ashlynn, Ben you carry Aiden. They're in no condition to run. Taylor, take the walkie, contact Logan if anything happens and listen for if he says anything!" they all do as instructed by your commands. It was like leading a little army into battle. Funny, but not funny ha ha, funny in making jokes about a traumatic situation you are quite literally in the middle of.

As you readied to leave the room, you all heard a crashing sound from afar.

"That came from downstairs." Ashlynn pointed out.

"Probably the phantoms that spotted me on the street." Tyler huffed, Aiden added on. "And there's about to be a lot more."

"It's alright." You reassure firmly, "Don't panic, I got you guys."

You stand in front of the group, flashlight in hand and keys in your pocket. You felt the presence of a phantom through the door.

"Stand back," You motion with your arm as you reach for the nob. As soon as the door opens you flash your light, hitting the phantom that was right in front of you. You notice the others look at you in slight shock. You chalked their surprise up to the jumpscare of the phantom.

Unfortunately, the room started to fill with crawling creatures. Aiden let out a panic, "..Well this is intense."

"Okay," Ahslynn stuttered, "Let's just stay in a circle while slowly walking towards the jeep. Aiden and I will keep watch of the ceiling, you guys focus on the other angles. Y/N, keep leading."

You nod at her words as you all slowly made your way across the hall. You reached halfway down that stairs when you stopped in your tracks looking at the scene in front of you.

"..You've got to be kidding me." Ashlynn sighed, frustrated.

"It's okay," You calmed them down, "Just keep going." You stepped forward, flashlight never prevailing.

You all finally made it to the front door as Logan spoke through the radio. "Guys, there are phantoms on the roof, be careful!"

You took that with caution, opening the door, flashlight first.

You unlocked the car and everyone scurried in. Injured first, the others second, you last. As you approached the driver's seat, flashlight facing away from the car, you looked up. There was one of them on top of the car, eyes piercing yours.

Before it could attack, a bullet shot through its head. You look over at where logan was, grateful you had such a visualant friend.

You jumped in the car, not even bothering to put your seatbelt on, turned on the car and pressed on the gas.