Chapter 16: "I don't know nobody"

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢!!!

"It's locked!?" Ashlyn panicked. You tried pulling the handle over and over again in a fit of rage, hoping your stupid idea would work.

Spoilers: it did not.

"I thought you said it'd be unlocked with the keys inside!" Tyler was frantic in his speech. His tone was full of anger as usual, but that was nothing new. It was a little concerning how easy it was to get a reaction out of him.

"I did!" Ashlynn defended herself, "One of my parents must have grabbed it or something!"

As the group bickered you became uneasy. You looked back to where Logan was. His gun was down.

You grabbed your walkie talkie and held it to your mouth. "Logan, stay put, the keys have been moved and we need to find them." You looked back at the group, walking to be in the center of the bickering two, thinking on your feet. "We're gonna run into the house. Be safe."

"Okay.." Logan answered, concern filled his voice, "Be careful."

You put your walkie down, "Everyone, into the house! Now!"

The group made a dash for the door, you behind everyone. Ben, Taylor, and Tyler entered the door, but Aiden faltered. You saw him fall to the ground, Ashlynn by your side.

"Aiden?" You responded to his fall quickly, running to his side. Ashlynn and you had seemed to see the problem at the same time.

"Your ankle.." She started to think. It didn't take long to figure out where that came from.

"You dumbass." You scolded, refraining from eye long at him, "Mr. Durable my ass! I'm all for having fun but not reckless-get-injured fun!"

"You did the same thing!" He argued back.

"Yeah." You defended, "But I've been here for how long? So I have how much experience? And besides I held on to the rope for safety which is something you didn't do!"

"You ran all the way here with that!?" Ashlynn entered the conversation, "You should've-"

The red head was briefly cut off with a jolt. So were you. That feeling again. It's back. It's near.

"Aiden." She said frantically, "Aiden, y/n move!"

Ashlynn was briskly yanked by a terrifying dark hand. Aiden and you looked in horror as she dropped her flashlight.

No.

No no no.

Not again.

Not this time please.

Please.

You ran towards her, your feet having a mind of their own. "Aiden!" You yelled, "Stay put!" You dashed for Ashlynn, watching as her head got smacked into the ceiling. Just as she was about to disappear to the roof, you grabbed her ankles and got hoisted up with her.