Chapter 9: Almost threw hands with a child

After getting to school the next day, you told Logan you had to talk to a teacher real quick, but you'd meet back up with him in 5-10 minutes.

Walking back down the hallway, you encountered the group of phantom fighters. Ashlynn and Tyler looked upset and Taylor had the look of concern on her face. It caught you off guard to see Ben look like he wanted to commit the grand crime of murder to the 3rd degree while Aiden panicked looking at Ben with his signature smile. What could've gotten them like that?

That's when you saw it.

Logan pinned against the lockers.

By Barron.

With a bruise on his cheek.

You were livid.

Ben may have had enough self control to hold himself back, but you had other morals.

You shoved past Tyler and Ashlynn as Tyler was about to intervene. You saw him lift up his hand about to strike again. You caught his wrist and you two made eye contact. Both of your eyes were piercing the others; Cold.

"What do you think you're doing?" You interrogated. He felt threatened by the sudden forced stop. He yanked his wrist away from you. "Why?" He almost laughed, "Think you can stop me?" He was cocky with his words, shoving you back. You cut him off not a second after he shoved you and punched him in the face.

There was a small bit of blood on your hands from his nose.

"What the fuck!?" He yelled. He was angry, but he just stood there holding his nose.

"What?" You questioned, "Can't take what you serve?" Your voice is covered in feigned pitty.

Barron looked like he wanted to murder you, but before he could do anything, Tyler approached the fight.

"Barron what are you doing?" He asked sternly.

"Oh great." He rolled his eyes, "Just having a little chat with my science partner.." he answered 'innocently',

"'I'm sure you were." Tyler mocked, "I'm not stupid Barron, I could hear you yelling at the end of the hall."

You let Tyler handle the rest and turned to Logan. He was shaken up, a bruise growing deeper in his cheek. You grabbed his shoulder, his eyes avoiding contact with yours.

"You okay?" You asked, just above a whisper, "Aside from your cheek?"

He nodded.

"Did he do anything else?" You questioned further.

"No."

"Are you telling me the truth?"

He was silent for just a second before answering, "..Yeah."

You huffed, "Okay."

Barron had walked off after Tyler had threatened him, leaving the five of you alone.

Tyler turned to Logan, "You're seriously scared of him?" He started, "After being around those things every night? Pathetic."

You know, he may be younger than you, but you were not afraid to throw hands with him as well.

Taylor sensed the shift in your mood and held onto your arm and Logan's shoulder. "Tyler! Not cool." She gave her twin a side eye. "What was that about?"

He looked down. Ashamed. "I forgot to do his part of the project."

That dumb bitch.

Not Logan. Never Logan. The other one.

"How can he survive when he can't even stand up for himself!" Tyler brought up, "Now's not the time for being soft."

"Fighting demons and confrontation can be two different things." You perked up, "For one, this one's more personal along with being socially anxious. With demons they just attack and you stab or whatever." You tried your best defending your friend, understanding people act differently in different situations.

"That's fair, but Tyler's right." Ashlynn butt in, "Though his way of saying it is uncalled for. Logan definitely needs some strength training, and although y/n demonstrated they can pack a punch, we all do."

"Oh I want to do much more than just a punch." You said I'll intently.

"Not the point." Ashlynn stopped your train of thought, "I was thinking of asking my parents to teach us self defense. They taught me some when I was younger, but I don't remember enough to teach you guys on my own." She suggested.

Tyler countered, "Weren't you afraid of us getting sent to an asylum? What are we gonna tell them?"

"That's what I've been trying to think of." She justified, "But now with proof of Logan being bullied.."

"We can use that as an excuse." You finished her thought.

"That sounds pretty believable." Taylor commented.

"I'm in. I've taken Judo so I know a little bit. I can help you guys out." You suggested.

"You know that makes sense." Taylor said.

"Yeah, they're pretty good at it." Logan complimented, " It's kinda scary."

You rolled your eyes with a smile.

"Where'd Ben and Aiden go?" You asked, picking up on their lack of presence. They must have left during the confrontation.

"Oh! Ben was acting kind of weird. Aiden said they were going to the vending machines, that they'd see us in class."

'Strange' you thought, 'but hey, maybe the big guy just doesn't like seeing people fight.'

The bell was going to ring soon, so you bid your goodbyes as they walked to their shared first period and you walked to yours. As you got to class, you sent a text to Logan.

Space nerd (Derogatory)

Why didn't you tell me he
Was picking on you again?
I'm here for you. I need to know
These things.

Please.

(𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀, 𝓽𝓱𝓮  𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓰𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂* 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓳𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰/ 𝓼𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝔀𝓪𝔂) (^^)/