𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. El Dorado

Kathryn is the middle man of their human chains

Kathryn is the middle man of their human chains. She grabs on John B's hand, and she thinks there's a bit of protectiveness there, if not plain fury against his father. To force him down the gold hunt road is one thing. A thing she hates, but it's completely different from showing to him, proving to him, that his life was worth so much less than El Dorado.

And Sarah, oh, don't get her started on what Sarah Cameron has been through. Sarah had to deal with her father putting himself first for months now, maybe years, without her knowing. And that sudden switch-up is just salt in the wound, giving her hope where there shouldn't be.

"Kat, your nails are actually starting to hurt me."

"Yeah, what's up with the vice grip, Bug?"

"I'm pissed," she grumbles out, relaxing her fingers around his hands. "Sorry."

"No, no problem, but we gotta keep moving. Singh and his men can't be far behind us."

Oh, right, that too. Singh clearly isn't going to take well with having one of his men dead. Kathryn can still see the way his eyes rolled in the back of his head. If she had been in survival mode up until now, the sight was catching up to her. It made no difference anyway. They had to keep going.

It wasn't the first dead body she saw because of Ward.

"Keep on that heading, east. That's the way the hand pointed," Big John calls out from behind them. "That's home."

Kathryn licks her dry lips. The only water she's had in the last five hours has been her sweat. Not exactly glamorous. "It would help if we knew what we were searching for, but no... Someone had to be a cunt," she adds under her breath. "Now hurry it up."

Big John sits down. "I need a minute."

"I don't give a fuck?"

John B just tugs her along. "Let's pick it up," he screams back at his father. "Let's go."

"Go on, I'll catch up. I just need a minute to catch my breath." Kathryn can see John B frown at his father's words, and why wouldn't he? The man had been distancing them the whole time, the only reason Kathryn isn't all that worried, is because she's so remarkably pissed at the guy.