𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎. Glue Myself Shut

This party is not going to be what Kathryn planned

This party is not going to be what Kathryn planned. It's already crawling under her skin, frustration boiling her stomach. Everything she had put in place, down to the last little detail – she could feel it come apart.

Cleo and Pope couldn't come, for something Denmark Tanny related. Pope said he'd tell her more, but she didn't ask. Edward texted that he wouldn't make it, and Henry had to go through the first part of the reception alone. Well, with Max, but without his resuscitated brother.

John B and JJ still weren't answering her texts. They got progressively more threatening as the day went. As often, if neither one of them was answering, it meant that they were together. Doing what? She was scared to ask, to be fully honest.

Which meant that as of right now, Kie and Kathryn were drinking alcohol-free drinks – Henry nearly had her head when she tried to get anything else – and clearly bemused by the whole ordeal.

"Can we blame Pope?" Kie asks, playing with her straw. "I mean, it is his legacy, and all that."

"I'm trying not to," Kathryn says. "I just wish something else would prioritise, for once. Not even me, but last I checked, you guys loved Henry and Max, and you're the only one who showed."

"No, we do." She looks off. "Everything's just so messed up right now. Do the rest of them know you got into Yale?"

"Only JJ. Is it weird to say I miss when we were actually friends?" Kathryn scoffs softly to herself. "I just feel like we're always separated. We barely do anything together."

"I get it." She nudges her a little. "But at least I'm here and you look hot, so who's missing out now?"

Kathryn put on a short golden satin dress that ends mid-thigh, with spaghetti straps, along with knee-high boots and Henry's black leather jacket that would stop around the same place as her dress, if she hadn't shrugged it off earlier.

She smiles at Kie. "You know how to butter me up."

"It's an art," she shrugs in answer, taking a sip of her drink. "Oh, god. Sarah's here."