𝖝𝖎. Get Him Back!

Billy is frankly just not at ease in the car with Kathryn and JJ

Billy is frankly just not at ease in the car with Kathryn and JJ. Even if he's in the backseat, even if he's chosen to not be as vocal as he usually is. Yeah, Billy hung out with him like, twice, and she can tell that he's being extremely silent. Kathryn is a taciturne kind of person, so she doesn't really count.

But she can tell you with the utmost seriousness that the second Kathryn parks, Billy is running out onto the cruise boat they're taking. They're not going anywhere, it's really just a boat that rounds the island where you can eat and drink and stuff. They needed a place where Rafe wouldn't be. And where Kathryn wouldn't get explosives.

She slams the car door as she gets out, glowering at Billy's running form. JJ, next to her, awkwardly stands there. She stares back at him, before moving forward.

"Kat, hey, wait up."

Taking the biggest breath known to man and hoping it leaves no oxygen to JJ, she turns back. "What do you want? I'm not giving you a kidney."

"What? No, I..."

He tries to choose his words carefully because knows that there are a few that'll set her off. She beats him to it.

"You know, I get breaking up with me. Like, not for whatever reason you can come up with, that you have nothing to offer to me when this isn't the mid eighteen hundreds and I wasn't expecting anything from you in the first place." He blinks, taking the words in with obvious difficulty. Kathryn's breathing turns shaky, and she shakes herself. She won't give him the satisfaction of making her cry again. "I get breaking up with me. But you didn't have to call me a Kook. That was a low blow."

He shoves his hands in his pockets, absentmindedly stopping himself from reaching for her, gripping his lighter instead. "Nah, you're right. I went too far."

"It's like you wanted me to blow up at you," she adds, frowning. "Weirdo. You never told me about any masochistic kink."

JJ did want her to get angry. At least he wouldn't have had to see her cry.

A smile threatens to appear on his face. "Is that... is that a joke? Are you making jokes at me?"

"No, I'm making fun of you, JJ." Seeing her so serious, he stops smiling altogether. "What do you want? You're not exactly my favourite person to talk to, right now."