𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎. The Temalacatl

Kathryn comes to two conclusions, as she treks through the mountains, all the way up to the temalacatl

Kathryn comes to two conclusions, as she treks through the mountains, all the way up to the temalacatl. First, running track definitely isn't the same as walking in the South American heat, clothes sticking to her skin, effectively stinking too. Second, it's been forever since she actually ran track, so why did she think she'd have a good cardio anyway?

And oh, the worst part is, Big John is distancing them.

"Come on, kids. Pick it up! I don't got time to waste."

Kathryn heaves out several times. "I'm going... to kill him... and steal the air from his lungs."

But they keep going.

At some point, the way uphill is so hard on their knees and ankles and shins and thighs and lungs and everything, John B simply takes Sarah's hand, and Sarah takes Kathryn's, forming some sort of human chain all the way to the top, dragging each other.

Big John keeps walking ahead, and Kathryn hates that she was proven wrong about his knobbly knees. Who knew he'd have such good cardio? This isn't fair, she's dying over here. The only thing that keeps her going is the fact that once they find El Dorado, they're going home, and JJ will be waiting for her, along with Henry and everyone else.

Also, the prospect of a life-altering discovery. And sticking it to her dad. This, she was looking forward to.

"Hey, Pop," John B calls out after falling face first and nearly making the girls join him. "How about we take a breather, you know?"

"How about not? Come on, boy. Y'all are slowing me down. We're losing light."

John B turns to Kathryn. "I can't take this anymore."

"You can't take it? I have the cardio of diseased shrimp."

"It's the only shot we got," Big John cries out again. "Come on."

Apparently his son has had enough, seeing as he nearly runs up to him – Kathryn doesn't know how he manages that – to hold him back. "Hey. For thirty seconds, can you stop being an asshole?"