𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. The Bolter

Kathryn is at least thankful that she was knocked out for most of the plane ride

Kathryn is at least thankful that she was knocked out for most of the plane ride. She never went to South America, before, and she didn't mind not seeing it from above. She neither trusted herself to calm down on her own, or her father to even try and comfort her. The only thing she found solace in was the fact that neither JJ or Billy were here. Considering who her father was apparently best buds with...

There's not much else to be thankful for, considering she sits in an empty bedroom, waiting for Singh to, what? Come threaten her into translating the idol? Kathryn would just pretend like she doesn't care what happens to her body. It doesn't belong to her.

Well, whether this was truth or comfort, how was she to know?

Edward opens the door, and finds her glaring back at him. It seems she has been stuck like this for some time now, glaring and glaring because who was that man in front of her? All the things he had done to her, to JJ, they all rewrote the myth of him. She didn't recognise him.

"What do you want?" she spits out. "Trying to test my tolerance to kidnapping? Because it's waning."

Edward sighs, a plaintive little sound. "I wanted to apologize."

She hums. "Okay. You can go now."

He doesn't go. In fact, he goes as far as to sit down in front of her, on a sofa that's got to be flea-ridden from the looks of it. Or maybe the fleas came from him, who's to say.

"I'm not leaving until you understand my side of things, Kat."

She flattens her lips together, scoffing softly. "Fine by me, you'll be dead before I am."

"Kitten–"

"No, no, you don't get to tell me anything, you don't get to call me anything but my name," she orders, voice firm. "You put me in this mess, and I'll be fucking damned if I let you take charge of it, too."

He winces, but she doesn't care. Kathryn was like that. Edward not only lost her trust, but her love, and there was no coming back from it. She wouldn't mourn it, either, she would treat it as a fact.