Seventeen

"Alright girls, you know what to do."

Pooja and Ryoo smothered giggles as they entered the living room where Padme and Palo were talking. Palo, of course, was doing much of the talking.

"So then I said to the Prime Minister, 'You call that art? A blind Gungan could paint better than that!"

Padme smiled at Palo although Anakin sensed she found no amusement in his story. That's when Pooja and Ryoo pounced onto the couch beside them.

"Hi Palo! Do you wanna play a game with us?" Ryoo asked.

Palo cringed. "Oh Pooja, I would love to, but your aunt and I are-"

"That's Ryoo! I'm Pooja!" the younger sister corrected.

"Well of course you are," Palo remarked, rolling his eyes.

"Let's play dress up!" the girls sang in unison. Palo gave a sick expression. Padme smiled at the girls. "That sounds like fun," she added. Anakin stood in the doorway, leaning against the wall. His plan was working. With Pooja and Ryoo's help, Padme would see what a jerk Palo was.

"But Anakin plays dress up with us!"

"Then why don't you go ask Anakin?" Palo asked, his annoyance showing through. Padme touched his shoulder. "Come on Palo, I think it'll be fun." Palo opened his mouth to protest but just as he did, he spotted Anakin in the doorway with a smirk on his face.

Have fun Palo...

Palo sucked in a breath. "Alright. We'll play... Dress up..."

As the four of them left the living room, Anakin waved. "Make sure you don't forget to do his hair Ryoo," Anakin reminded as Palo swallowed hard.

******************************************

"Umm... I don't think make up is necessary, Ryoo."

"I'm Pooja!"

"Right. Whatever."

"Auntie Padme, Palo is dumb."

Padme frowned. "Pooja, that's not very nice."

It had been fifteen minutes and Palo had mixed up the girls three different times. Frustration was setting in and it didn't help that Ryoo continuously yanked Palo's brown curly hair into tight braids.

Anakin smiled as he listened from outside the room.

"Ow! I think that's tight enough Pooja!"

"I'm Ryoo!"

"Did I ask?" Palo snapped.

"Palo! They're just little girls," Padme reminded calmly. Anakin held in a laugh. Pooja and Ryoo were doing a fantastic job at driving Palo nuts. Padme wouldn't be fooled much longer.

"Palo, hold still! You're mascara is smearing!"

"Can we paint your nails?"

"I think that's completely unnecessary Ryoo!" Palo growled through a thick layer of lipstick.

"I'M POOJA!"

"If you'll excuse me..." Palo said under his breath as he got up and left. Anakin crossed his arms as he watched him storm down the hall. Palo saw him and glared. "Don't think..." he hissed, "That just because you've won over the two little... mynocks... That Padme will somehow think any better of you!"