Shot For The Top

Timeline: Year 3

I'll keep many events vague, but the main events relevant to this one-shot will be explained. (Also, this is an alternate timeline, not just a possible future.)

----------

Ryuuen Kakeru's Point Of View

My path was always riddled with people far beyond my calibre. It was usually an uphill battle for me, one that I always won in the end. But even when I didn't, I became stronger in some way. It was always rewarding to face superior people, no matter how much I had to sacrifice.

But no matter how good I was adapting to and learning from my failures, there were people that I couldn't even imagine myself reaching in this or the next lifetime. These weren't just geniuses a complete cut above the rest, but monsters who reached a state where everything and everyone was so far below them that nothing mattered anymore. If I was blind, I'd be describing something akin to a god right now. But the truth is that...

He's the devil.

The same devil I am apparently 'friends' with.

"Kukuku, you've really bulked up a bit ever since last year, haven'tcha'?"

With our gym equipment in our duffle bags, we walked side by side to the gym. We've been doing this same routine every Saturday for a few weeks now. It's become a habit of ours.

We never hung out much after he revealed himself to me nearly two years ago, but after he revealed himself to the school and took over Ichinose's class, he's been much more honest with himself instead hiding in the shadows. This resulted in us speaking to each with other more publicly.

Later, resulting in a weird friendship we developed... I would still happily expell him if I was given the chance, tho...

"It's not really what I was aiming for, but I should've expected this before I began." Ayanokoji answered honestly.

He's talking as if without all that bulk, he still wouldn't hit like a missile...

Usually, his built was very inconspicuous. It's hard to tell how much power was packing behind each of his strikes before, but ever since he began working out, his true physique became more noticeable.

It's like he followed a strict diet and routine to restrict the outward growth of his muscles... resulting in a 'sleeper' like built... but now, without that specific routine, working out results in the same kind of muscle enlargement such as ours...

"Now us poor plebeian's can truly judge you for the monster you really are, instead of accidentally challenging you and being obliterated."

"You're exaggerating. I just won because everyone wasn't expecting my skills."

That's exactly what makes you so dangerous... the unexpected...

Quickly, he turned his new class into a military camp of some sort. The usually free and friendly class turned into a united machine that followed orders and accomplished tasks with maximum efficiency. It truly brings a tears to any tyrants eye.

Shortly after some chit-chat, we entered the gym and got changed.

Before we began, the usual guest appeared. The new trump card of Suzune that replaced Ayanokoji. Koenji Rukusuke.

"You are early, hah! Are you finally starting to feel the pressure of challenging me weight you down, Leader-boy?"

Completely ignoring me, he went to pester the monster with his usual provocations.