Emotionless Struggle

Timeline: Around Year 2, after Kei and Kiyo revealed their relationship

----------

I was currently on a mall date with my loving girlfriend, Karuizawa Kei.

Kei: Do you think this shirt fits my style?

The pain every boyfriend has to go through... Trying to give good opinions about stuff you don't care about...

Kei asked for my opinion about the shirt she was trying out while we were shopping for new clothing.

Kiyotaka: It's a bit too tacky. Maybe you should go for something lighter in color?

I tried coming up with a good critique.

Kei: Hmm, yeah. Your right. I still like this one tho. Hmm, I'll just get this one too!

You said that about the last three you tried out...

I gave Kei a thumbs-up, which made her smile.

This is torturous... But worth it...

Kei: Oh! How about we get you something as well while we're here?

Kei suggested.

Kiyotaka: It's alright, I don't mind.

I declined her proposal.

Kei: Mouuu! You have like three outfits for casual occasions. We really need to get you some more sets to spice up your appeal. After all, you are the boyfriend of the most stylish girl in our class, c'mon!

She proudly proclaimed the last part.

Well... She is right... I don't have too many sets of clothes for casual occasions...

I sighed and reluctantly agreed. She gleed in excitement and immediately rushed to pick out fabrics that were going to put a dent in my wallet. After she got me the sets she wanted to see me wear, I went into the changing room with them.

I already regret this... Is that a skirt...?

I started changing to get this over with as soon as possible before any of our classmates walked in on me in these.

Kei: I got you some more-

Kei accidentally walked in a second later while I took off my shirt, obviously not expecting me to start changing so quickly. She froze up while examining my torso with a blush.

Kiyotaka: You can leave it at the door. Thank you.

I broke her out of her daze.

Kei: Eh-? Oh! Yeah. Sorry.

After we picked out some clothes for me, we continued with our date outside of the shop.

Kei: Kiyotaka, I've been curious about something for a while now. How did you get so strong?

Kei asked me while we were walking side to side.

Kiyotaka: Why are you so surprised? You saw me compete with the previous president and take down Ryuuen's forces before.

Kei: Yeah, I know that. But how are you still so physically fit? You haven't mentioned anything about working out before. If I'm not wrong, to be able to keep such a physique for such a long time without any workouts must mean you had to be really, really! Strong beforehand.

Kiyotaka: Well, during middle school, I was picked on a lot, so I started working out religiously but stopped when I came to high school after being content with my build.