Twisted Obsession

The timeline is a few days after Kiyotaka saw Kushida's venting her frustrations.

----------

Kiyotaka's Point Of View

I reached my desk and sat down to wait for morning classes to begin like usual.

Kiyotaka: Good morning, Horikita.

I greeted my neighbor, who just glanced at me for a split second before turning her full attention back to her book.

Cold as ever... why am I surrounded by so many selfish girls...

I sighed at her behavior before turning my head to my window to gaze at the fresh and beautiful morning view.

Kushida: Good morning. Ayanokoji-kun, and Horikita-san!

Kushida came up to Horikita and me to greet us.

Kiyotaka: Good morning, Kushida.

I returned her friendly greeting while Horikita just ignored her like usual. But this time, Kushida didn't press Horikita any further.

She would usually have all her attention drawn to Horikita... this has been prevalent for a few days by now...

After I noticed this unusual behavior, Kushida continued talking to me while ignoring Horikita. Then, Kushida's friends called her over after a few minutes, giving me a break from her.

Is this what Horikita has to put up with every day...?

Horikita: I've been meaning to ask you this, but did something between you and Kushida-san happen recently?

Horikita finally spoke up after Kushida was gone.

Kiyotaka: No, not really. I mean, I don't think so.

I answered. Horikita seemed unconvinced but just dropped the topic and continued reading her book. Chabashira entered the classroom shortly after to begin our morning lessons.

Horikita isn't wrong... Something did happen between us... But, her recent behavior change was... not expected...

I started reminiscing about my encounter with Kushida's true self a few days ago.

----------

Flashback to a few days ago.

Kushida and I started walking back together in silence after that incident.

Kushida: Ayanokoji-kun, can I ask you something?

Kushida broke the silence.

Kiyotaka: Sure, I don't really mind.

I permitted her to ask me.

Kushida: Why aren't you scared of me? You were threatened by me and had to see an ugly side of me, yet you seem so calm.

Kiyotaka: Well, for the threatening part, I'm not scared as I wasn't planning on getting on your bad side, anyways. Plus, I got to touch a women's boobs for the-

Kushida cuts me off by punching me in the stomach.

Kushida: Stop bringing that up, for fuck sake!

I tried acting like I was in my pain by clutching my stomach.

Kiyotaka: Okay, Okay! I'm sorry, just don't hurt me again! And well, as for your personality, I don't mind. We all have our dark sides. Besides, I appreciate your true self more, as it allows me to talk to the real Kushida.