Prisoner Of Myself

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's Point Of View

Have you ever realized how selfish you truly are?

I, for certain, have. Multiple times.

Since the day I was born, every single one of my thoughts was about ways to make my life much more enjoyable and, of course, very survivable. After all, that's what I was taught; the ability to manipulate my environment and the people around it to bend to my will. All of this purely makes my life much cushior.

So I ask you, specifically reading this, do realize just how deep your selfishness runs?

If, for example, your best friend dies due to an accident one day, will you cry because they lost their life so suddenly? Or because you can not enjoy their company anymore? If it's the latter, does that mean you're being selfish?

The answer; Of course you are!

That's what makes you human, after all! Everything and everyone around you is just a means to an end for you, a way to satisfy an urge, a craving, a desire deep inside of you, a deep-rooted selfishness.

Even the idea of selflessness is just an illusion that leads into a loophole that all leads back to your own selfish desire. Whether it be the selfless desire to help others that makes you feel better about yourself or the selfish desire to make others yield to your will. At the end of the day, they're all just the same.

But enough with the selfish-ception. I'm sure it's getting old real fast real soon.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I hummed to myself while I let the breeze of the wind blow my silky brown hair back as I sat at the open window, looking out of the window to admire the beautiful view with my arms holding up my head.

The beauty of industrial civilization... cities built by truly magnificent minds... just to allow lowlife's to spread their filth much more conveniently...

Through the sounds of the motor vehicles outside, I could faintly hear a voice right beside me, alerting me to their presence.

"Hey, listen to me when I'm talking to you!"

I turned back to the person in question, being met with an angry beauty with long flowing jet black hair and crimson eyes that burnt with ambition.

She wore the same unform as me with an open book in her lap, looking very moody, most likely coming from her earlier, begging for my attention that I wasn't giving her.

"Crime & Punishment"... interesting choice...

"Hm? What might be the problem, missy. Are you perhaps interested in my seat? Well, if that were the case, could I pass? I'm quite enjoying the scenario, and unlike me, you certainly do not lack any other forms of entertainment at your fingertips."

I hinted to her open book in her lap in a confident tone and a slight smile on my voice to make the atmosphere softer.

Despite my attempts to a better first impression, her expression didn't change in the slightest. Not even a single micro muscle on her face moved.

"Close that window already. The wind is distracting, and the sounds are obnoxious."

In an almost commanding manner, she demanded me to stop enjoying myself by closing the window that I rightfully deserve to close and open to my free will.