Chapter Twenty-Two: Invaders

Kenshi Fujii had run deep into the battlefield, speeding right through any dwarf in his path. He moved at such a great speed that any one of the creatures who tried to get in his way got struck down with his katana before they could even react.

He landed in a more open part of the forest. He took a minute to survey his surroundings. There were buildings made of stone all around him. It seemed to be a...factory?

"Huh. Didn't know they had this."

He headed into the main building. Machinery made of iron was all around. Furnaces, anvils, conveyor belts, steam-powered engines, and hammers were visible.

"Interesting."

Immediately, he heard a beeping noise. He looked down and saw a wire placed at his feet. "Oh s—-!"

The entire building exploded.

There were burns and damage on his face and body, but they immediately healed. He got up and heard a commanding voice.

"You! Champion of the Voltians!"

He looked behind him to see a giant golem made of iron. The dwarf piloting it was secure in the chestplate. The golem had a large, spiked iron mace in its hand.

"Trespasser! You will be put down!"

"Wow, cool Christmas gift!"

He swung the mace down, and Fujii effortlessly dodged and delivered a powerful slash to the golem's chest, cutting deep.

"But you should have brought a little more homies to help you!"

The dwarf laughed and set the mace down. He clapped his hands together and soon after, half a dozen more dwarves surrounded Fujii, each with their own golem.

"We stay as one! YOU should have brought more friends!"

Fujii flipped his katana and tightened his grip on it.

"Buddy, I AM the friends."

His hair and eyes began to glow an icy blue, as the air around him seemed to cool down rapidly.

Meanwhile, on another side of the forest, Atomu, Nishiyama, and Tomoko were all running with Squad S-3, looking for Morino. Atomu ran ahead, scanning through the trees.

"No sign of Sir Morino! He'll have to be farther ahead!"

Through the trees, Atomu caught a glimpse of his sister from afar away. She was effortlessly pummeling dwarves that attacked her.

"Hmph. Isn't she having fun?" he wondered to himself.

Nishiyama glared at Tomoko, but in the process, a dwarf tried to attack her.

"Foul creature! Die!"

The dwarf tried to hit her and Tomoko got it. "Haha! I hit it!"

"Don't help me, you weirdo!"

"Haha!"

Another one tried to attack her from behind, and she snapped her fingers without even looking at it, paralyzing it and then shooting it. "See? I'm fine! Creep."

Atomu rolled his eyes, but more dwarves blocked the path. Various members of S-3 began shooting at it.

"No time for staring, kids! Light em' up!"

An older man sprayed heaps of plasma blasts at the dwarves, wasting no time at all.

"Oh, and name's Mashimo Kazu! I'll be your Vice-General."

Atomu nodded. "I see."

"Now fire these things up!" He jumped over one, blasting it in the back, dodged an axe throw from another one, shooting it in the face, and disarmed a third, before smacking it with the butt of his gun.