Chapter Eighteen: Transgressors

Kia rushed into her son's room, but no trace of him was found. Immediately, she called Morino's phone, but there was no answer.

"Damn! He's still at that event!"

She looked out the broken window. A trail of black smoke led down the road, but after that, it disappeared. She immediately rushed out, attempting to find the black smoke trail. It was late afternoon now, and she figured she could still see him if he hadn't gone too far...

...but still, he was nowhere to be found.

Back at the Tryout stadium, Fujii had tapped his ear to accept a call. "Yes? What's up? A WHAT?"

He cleared his throat. "Ahem, well yes, that's the end of the tryouts, folks! I'll have to run soon, but not before we introduce the selections to their new homes! My squad! Follow me!"

Everyone cheered as Akari, Hikari, and Luca followed Fujii out the stadium. More confetti and music appeared. Himeka did the same, and so did Morino, Nakada, and Shinjii. Toru and Naito walked together.

"Maybe next year will hold even better prospects." He took a sip from a bottle. Naito opened her eyes a little, really feeling the heat of the sun. "I'm just glad it's over. Finally."

As they left, and Fujii motioned for his squad to get in an elegant-looking limo, he appeared a bit nervous. He told the driver in front: "Alright! Back to the S-1 Mansion!"

"Yes sir!"

The man drove off, Akari, Hikari, and even Luca all seemed excited. The limo cruised out of Shonora and into the next district: Asuka, home of Royals and Nobility.

Meanwhile...

"DACHII?"

In front of his cell, Marachii saw his own BROTHER, standing in front of him. STANDING, on his own two feet. He had just broken into this jail, just punched a steel door off its hinges, and just knocked out a Voltian with a single blow. And the bars...

Dachii spoke quickly, and his voice sounded deeper than before. "Come on Marachii, grab on!"

He grabbed Marachii's hand as more guards rushed through the door. "Stop! Stop, both of you!" They aimed guns at the pair. Dachii, in one quick motion, began to glow a faint gray color, and he PUNCHED a side of the wall, holding Marachii with JUST ONE ARM.

Then he ran out, moving at EXTREME speeds the guards couldn't even believe, and he punched more and more walls, until he saw a light. With a well-placed kick, they were in the open, right in the middle of various facilities. They were free, and Marachii was horrified.

"How are you...??"

"No time! We gotta go—-!"

Plasma blasts rained over their heads. Dachii began to glow gray again and he rammed his free shoulder into the side of one of the other walls, causing the tunnel he made to crumble, trapping the Voltians.

Then he grabbed Marachii and JUMPED. He didn't just JUMP, he jumped MANY feet into the air, so high it shouldn't have been possible. He jumped again, and again, and again, from building to building, escaping with Marachii.

Red lights had appeared all over the jail and the buildings around it, but by then Dachii and Marachii were long gone now. They landed in an unknown district, with the coliseum from the Tryouts in the far distance.

"Okay! If we head that way, then Batango and the house should be close by."

Marachii nearly fell over. "What. The. HELL? What's happening to you? What is this?"

"Oh, uhhh. Well. Long story short—-LOOK OUT!"

A wall of ice surrounded them. Dachii looked around, hearing a voice, both serious and playful at the same time.