Chapter Seventeen: The Finale

"Get ready for ACTION!"

As the crowd continued to make more and more noise, Akari and Arata prepared to go to their spots to begin the final match. Most of the girls began to clap for her.

"Go win this!" Hikari exclaimed.

"You got it!" Kazue said, her mouth full with steak and rice. Nishiyama gave her a small clap, stating: "Make sure you don't forget about me!"

In the corner, Tomoko was paralyzed and tied up. He still had a smile on his face, laughing uncontrollably. Nishiyama threw a silver apple at his head, knocking him out. "Anyway, yeah. Do you, I guess. Though it really should have been me, my match was so rigged, I can't believe I let a crazy, idiotic, smelly, ugly, disgusting, weak, waste of life—-"

Hikari covered her mouth, while Akari walked to her spot. Arata got up, taking his time to get to his own spot. Tetsuya gave him a half-hearted cheer, Luca gave him a thumbs up, and Kai remarked: "Well, I already know you're ready, so, I guess go for it!"

"Duh! That's the point!"

Both competitors faced each other, as the music in the arena became much louder and so did the crowd. All the judges were out of their seats now.

"Oooh, this is gonna be fun!" Himeka had more popcorn in her hands, with Fujii shaking his head. Even Nakada and Toru couldn't hide their anticipation, and Shinjii leaned over the judges' table, nearly breaking it in half.

"Yeahhhh! Someone's ass is getting kicked! You better make it good!"

Fujii gave a sly smile and put his lips to his own mic. "Can't wait! Will our defending champion defend her title? Or will we have a new riser to the throne?"

With a thumbs up from Fujii, Jukai announced:

"Ready?"

The air was electric.

"FIGHT!"

Without even thinking, Arata revved his fist up and slammed the ground. It caused massive shockwaves that once again shook the ring. Arata simply looked down and:

BOOM.

She stomped her foot into the ground, balancing out the shockwaves and getting rid of their effects. Once the ground was calm, she stretched out her arm and fired a powerful energy blast from her fist.

"Woah!"

Arata jumped out of the way, as the energy blast hit the top of the stadium. It made large pieces of rubble fall to the ground, barely missing some spectators.

He charged up both arms and punches the air, causing shockwaves that headed for Akari. She clapped her hands, and with a wave of white energy enveloping her body, she unleashed a POWERFUL explosion that mitigated the effects.

Arata laughed. "So you think you're like that? Let's test that theory!"

In less than a second, he rushed toward her, fist charged. Akari held her hands together and another FORCEFIELD appeared around her body. Arata struck it, causing the entire stadium to shake and some parts began to crumble.

Nakada stood up. "This is getting really dangerous! They'll cause chaos at this rate!"

Shinjii laughed, slapping his leg. "Good! I like a high-stakes match! This is already turning out better than last year!"

Himeka called out: "Go, Akari, go!"

Akari caught a fist Arata threw at her, punching him dead in the face with a fist full of powerful energy. It exploded in his face, sending him stumbling back.