Chapter Eleven: Something to Prove

After the fight, Tetsuya was knocked unconscious, and his sister grabbed him from the stands and dragged him back over to her spot.

Atomu, meanwhile, was breathing hard, trying to restore his body to his normal state, but not before looking at Tetsuya and remarking: "Great fight, I look forward to doing it again."

The girls all jumped back as Tsugumi tossed her brother into a line of chairs, shaking her head. "And just as I thought, I'll have to carry this failure back home."

She closed her eyes, deep in thought. "At least he didn't get embarrassed. For the first time."

Akari walked over to her brother, who's shirt was now off, revealing his toned muscles.

"Are you okay? We do fight next..."

"Yes. I'm fine."

"Good! So when we fight, I want no excuses!"

She gave him a not so gentle hug and walked away, leaving him to his own. He stared at her and looked at the bracket. Sure enough, once the first round was over, they'd be fighting each other.

"Hmph."

Meanwhile, back at the judging table, the generals began conversation with one another.

"Woah, did you see Atomu's glass? That was SO COOL!" Himeka began excitedly clapping. "I can't wait for what's next!"

"Man! I want good action! The Prince and that boy delivered well!" Shinjii bellowed.

Toru and Nakada just shared a silent nod, while Naito simply remarked: "Can I go home now?"

Fujii was drinking a beer. "We're nearing the end of the first round. Good entertainment so far." While they all kept debating and talking, Jukai went up to the ring.

"Sheesh. Some extensive damage, no doubt...anyway, once we fix this up and return, we're bringing you folks OBARA vs. UMEDA!"

Arata stood up. "BOO! Nobody wants to see that!"

Both boys looked offended.

"How DARE you? I am the most elegant thing to EVER walk this planet!" Umeda combed his hair as he said this, hitting Obara in the face once more.

"Ew! And Arata, no need to be rude! I'll destroy the pretty boy!"

"Yeah, yeah."

Kai walked up to the three. "Any of you guys seen Domen? He'll be fighting soon!"

Arata cracked his knuckles. "The guy's probably with his girlfriend somewhere. He can't sit still."

"Mmm. He's missing out on some good fights!"

"This fight won't be good."

Jukai got back on the mic.

"And now we are BACK, viewers! The stage is fixed and ready for some action, so how about we get our two competitors on here! Come on up, Obara and Umeda!"

"Ahh, I guess it's time for my beauty to shine through—-"

"Shut your mouth, you obsessed narcissist! I got an equation to remove you from!"

The two boys walked to their spots on either side of the arena, both choosing not to pick up anything. "Beauty needs no weapons to maintain its status, oh dear, am I lovely."

"Yeah whatever. I don't need a sword for you."

Fujii and the other generals looked a bit disinterested in this fight, all of them watching with less focused intent.