Chapter Nine: Stakes Rising

Tomoko tried to kick Nishi in the head, but she ducked the blow and countered with a punch to his gut. "Woah, you're THAT desperate to lose?"

"You may have read my base move, but now it's time to step it up. Spinning Back-Kick!"

He did a 360 spin and tried to kick Nishi in the face, but she simply dodged again and flipped him over by grabbing his leg. "Are you done? And why are you calling out your moves like some action movie?"

"FIST OF HELL!"

He aimed a right jab at her jaw, and she caught it and used his own fist to hit him. She laughed, stating:

"This is hilarious! You're a funny guy, you know that?"

"You laugh at my failure, leaving yourself open to my Three by Six Combo!"

He jumped at her, kicking high, low, then at her chest, and then he did a right and left jab, plus an uppercut. Before he could do any more moves, she pushed him, and he fell back almost 10 feet.

"Hey! You have interrupted the Three by Six Combo! Now I must use a Special Move!"

"I think I've seen you before. Oh yeah! You've been trying out for years now! So sad. How have you not made it by now? Oh, right. You're human."

"I may be human, but this attack comes from the power within! Special Move: Stun and Counter!"

Nishi laughed again. "What?"

Tomoko ran up to her, and as she prepared for another attack, he went low and BIT her thigh.

"OW! What the hell?! Okay, I'm gonna---!"

Then he got up, right in her face. "Hey baby, how you doing?"

"Wha--?"

The crowd all stared, weirded out. Even the quiet ones, like Atomu, Akari, and Tsugumi, couldn't help but wince from Tomoko's actions.

"Now then, to finish you off!"

Nishi's eyes started to glow. "Okay. Enough of this bull—-"

Tomoko jumped from spot to spot, before finally jumping on Nishiyama's back. "Get off, you weird ass kid!" He reached into his pocket and pulled out some dirt. "Here! Special Move #2: Down and Dirty!"

He threw the dirt into her eyes, and she covered her face, trying to get it out. "That's IT! I'm gonna KILL you, you son of a---"

She raised her hand, and white swirls came off her body. In an instant, Tomoko's arms were stuck, and he was unable to move. "Oh no! Seems I am trapped!"

"Yeah, you are, you stupid little dork."

She kicked him so far back he fell near the edge of the ring. "Okay! Now for my Ultimate Move!"

She was on top him in an instant, ready to kick him out of the ring. "Wait, how long will my body be stuck?"

"Don't worry about that. Now get out this damn ring."

"Huh. Well, let's take a guess!"

As she kicked him, he noticed he could move again, and he grabbed her leg, bringing her down with him.

"Ultimate Move: Drag and TAKEDOWN!"

She fell to the ground first, and he fell next to her. "Yay! I got her!" As they both got up, a stunned Jukai announced: "In a big upset...the winner is: Tomoko!"

Tomoko got up and started cheering: "Yes! YES! My journey begins! My training has paid off!"

"WHAT?!?!?!"