31.

~ a few days later ~

I shared yet another laugh with some of the other managers of different departments. They were all talking about dumb shit they've been asked or heard from other team members. I was just here for the vibes to be honest.

Eventually I started eating some of my lunch, since my break was over soon.

Although I was tryna act all cool, I was lowkey kicking my feet. I was rushing out this morning and left my lunch. But Tayleigh found out and bought me lunch.

I honestly didn't want her to know. The only reason she found out was because she called me and ended up asking what I had for lunch.

I said air, thinking that would make her laugh but she took it a little too serious.

I told Tayleigh I didn't want her going out her way to bring me food. She kept saying she was going to anyway. And lo and behold, she did.

"Girl that look good! Where you get it?" one of my coworkers asked. "I don't know. I didn't get it." I chuckled. "Well can you ask whoever got it, where they got it from?" my coworker asked.

"Yea, sure." I nodded, reaching into my pocket as I felt my phone ringing.

To my surprise it was Lyric's daycare.

Lyric's daycare rarely calls. And the couple times they have, haven't been while I was at work. So I was curious as to why they were calling. "Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hello, yes this is Ms. Lea. I'm calling to let you know that Lyric got into a physical altercation with another child. She's currently with me and wants to talk to you." Ms. Lea spoke.

"What? Is she okay?" I immediately asked. "Oh no, yea she's fine. The other child though..." Ms. Lea trailed off. "I'll let Lyric tell. Here she is." she then said.

"Oh...okay." I slowly nodded, surprised.

"Hello? Hi, Destiny." I heard Lyric's voice. "Hey, what happened today? Why did you get into a physical altercation with another child?" I asked.

"Because, he-" Lyric started to say. "He?" I immediately questioned. "Yes." Lyric answered. "I'm sorry, you fought a boy? Why?" I slowly asked her.

"Because! He was being mean to Mara. And I didn't like that." Lyric expressed.

"Well what exactly happened?" I inquired. "He threw a block at her head and started calling her names because he was mad that she doesn't like him back. And then, I threw a block at his head and pushed him down." Lyric spoke, thoroughly.

"Oh my God?" I said, not even sure how to respond. "Are you mad at me?" Lyric asked. "No, I'm not. You were just being a good friend. But you do have to be careful sometimes." I voiced.

"Okay. Can you come pick me up early? Cause Mara's leaving and I don't wanna be here anymore." Lyric expressed.

"Yes, I'll be there soon. Do you want anything?" I asked her. "Yummy food!" Lyric answered. "You want food?" I chuckled. "Yummy food." Lyric corrected. "Okay then." I smiled to myself.

~ later on ~

I had just finished putting Lyric to bed, which was quite easy because she was already tired. After I picked her up from daycare, I took her to a playground for a little while, then out to eat.