16. Mystery Man

Colby's POV

It has officially been one week of me being in here. Sam is calling later and in a couple days he is going to visit. Weird things have started since I got here. I keep feeling like someone is watching me, and every time I go to bed, I swear I hear my ex's voice. I can't tell if I am just going completely mad or if weird things are actually happening. I was so excited to talk with Sam today. I was told he could call after lunch, so I am counting every minute until lunchtime. I had finished therapy and group therapy and now it was finally lunch time. I sat down in my same spot everyday next to the crazy kid Jake and ate as fast as I could. "Woah slow down buddy. Why are you eating so fast?"

I swallow the food in my mouth before saying "My boyfriend I have told you about. I get to call him today. I haven't spoken to him in a week, so I am excited to talk with him. I just miss him."

Jake shakes his finger at me and says "Oh yeah. You are the one with a boyfriend. There is someone else here that was gay but I think he isn't anymore or something."

"Oh really." I say curious of to why I haven't meet this guy yet.

"Yeah. Apparently, he is always in his room because he has killed some people. He is apparently here under the law and is awaiting trial, but of course this is all rumors. I've never seen him, but I have heard stories."

I mumble oh shit and just continue to eat until I hear my name called. It is nurse telling me that I have phone call. I practically run to the phone area so I can talk to Sam.

S: Hi Colbs. I miss you so much.

C: Sammy. Oh my god it is so good to hear your voice. I miss you more than anything in this world.

S: How is it? Have you made any friends? What are you doing for treatment?

C: It is okay, I guess. I made one friend names Jake. He is completely mad, and I look sane compared to him. Treatment is going well. I am on some medicine, I have to write in a journal, and I do therapy. It is going well though. I haven't had any thoughts about hurting myself. The only thing I can think about is you.

S: That is really good to hear Colby. I am so glad you are getting better. I've been sleeping in your room and wearing your clothes. I hope you don't mind.

C: I don't mind at all honey. It is really cute that you are doing that.

S: Okay. Hey, I get to see you in a couple days! And at that point you will officially be halfway done.

C: I know actually I meant to tell you. The doctor says if I keep progressing like I am I may be able to get out early. I am trying hard to be the best version of myself and take this seriously for you and myself Sam.

S: OMG Colby that is great to hear. I am glad you are taking it seriously and that you are doing so well. Hey, I gotta go to class but I love you and I really miss you.

C: I love you too Sammy, I will see you very soon. Bye.

S: Bye.

Sam hangs up the phone and I am left just sitting there hoping that he will call me back again. He doesn't so I head to group therapy a little sad that my phone call with him is over.

Mystery POV

Shit this is not good. They just told me that I will going to group therapy with the group starting today. This is not good at all. What happens if he recognizes me. This is not good, and I don't know what to do. I can't have him knowing that it is me. I have worked too hard to not blow my cover but today may be the day that I am finally found out. If I am found out, I may be actually dead and six feet underground.

Sam's POV

Hearing Colby's voice was so nice. I missed hearing him talk. I am excited to see if physically in a couple days. Classes are almost over finally. I am staying in LA until Colby is released. I don't want to go home when he gets out so I decided to stay here as long as it takes for him to leave. Then we will go back to Kansas for winter break together. I am heading to my last class of the day and I really just can't wait to be done this semester and to see Colby.

Colby's POV

I make my way into group therapy like I have done everyday for the past week. I sit down in the same spot I always do and I see that there is an additional seat. I wonder if that kid Jake was talking about will be joining us today. Jake takes a seat next to me and we give each other a hello before the group therapist starts to talk.

"Hello all. You may have noticed that there is another seat today. We will be having another person join us today. He has been here a while but hasn't been around anyone yet so please be kind. He should be here soon."

As she says this the door opens and a boy walks in. I almost throw up right there. Is someone playing a sick prank on me? I wanna scream and run but I have no where to go. Standing in front of me in the flesh is none other than Zachary. The boy who I loved, the boy who I thought was dead. The boy who put me in this fucking place. My fucking dead ex-boyfriend.

"Hi guys I'm Zach." He says before turning directly to me and strains into my soul. "Colby. Long time no see. Sorry I had to break the news to you this way but I guess you can say I'm not actually dead."

I was so shocked I didn't have any words that wanted to come out. The therapist looked very confused between the two of us before she asked me "do you know Zach, Colby?"

Between fully clinched teeth still fully looking at him I say with a straight face "yeah I do. That's my  ex-boyfriend who I thought was dead in a crash, and he is part of the reason I am here." No one says a word. Even Jake is wide mouthed with no words which is special coming from him. The next person to speak is him and all the prick has to say is "surprise."

I might not be getting out of here because I might be going to jail because I am going to kill this man.

A/N did anyone guess it was gonna be Colby's ex?!?! Plot twist am I right. Tell me what you think about this twist!