STALKING EVIL EXPRESSOS

STALKING EVIL EXPRESSOS[NAME]

[NAME]

"Cyclops!" Jason jolted up behind me, startling me so much that I gripped onto Leo's shoulder to not fall off as I instinctively swung behind me. Thankfully, Jason stopped my arm before I could knock him off.

"Holy fuck Bird Brain!" I huffed, turning to shoot him a mildly terrified and annoyed look, "A warning next time?"

"Sorry," He muttered, before taking in his surroundings. He had been sleeping with his head resting against Piper's chest for a while now, much to my displeasure. Even when we left we had to carry him up and onto the dragons back. Leo had fixed whatever was wrong with Festus, thankfully, but Jason didn't wake until a couple hours after. It was honestly fascinating, how was it that I got hit in the head twice but I still managed to wake up before him? The others were beginning to get a little worried, but he seemed perfectly fine scaring that absolute life out of me, so he was alright. Just a little confused as to why we were suddenly back in the air—far away from the horror of a warehouse back in Detroit—like nothing had happened. "Wh—Didn't we crash land..? I thought—"

"Slow down sparky. We're safe now," Piper beamed proudly. "Leo saved us. It was amazing! He can control fire—"

"It was nothing," Leo said quickly from in front of me.

I pinched his side with an eye roll, earning a shocked look from him. "Oh shut up would you? Quit brushing it off, let Piper tell him."

Piper told him everything she told me and everything that happened after I woke up. From Leo single-handedly demolishing three twelve-foot man-eating cyclops to how he survived a storm of fire and summoned the hottest flames we'd ever seen. She went on to tell him about how the cyclops started reforming like how Boreas said they would and how Leo replaced Festus's wiring so that we could all fly off into the air just as the cyclops started roaring for vengeance inside the factory.

Piper was raving all about it, with some light compliments from my side that left the boy in mention beaming with red, frostbitten cheeks. Leo was starting to think he was a lot cooler than he'd originally felt too, which was great because he deserved to feel like the hero that he was and I was sick and tired of him putting himself down, regardless of my hatred.

"That was seriously amazing dude," Jason complimented, smiling. There was a hint of disappointment in his eyes. It should've been me, they said. He thought that he should've been the one fighting.

I understood that feeling all too well, I was the protector, yet I was out not once, but twice. My hand subconsciously reached for my necklace, which had reappeared on my neck soon after I had been brought down from my chains. Convenient timing.