83

It was now nearing the Christmas holidays once again and Andrea and Alex have been growing closer and closer. Everyone noticed it. Kara took the initiative to invite Andrea over for dinner one Saturday night. "So who all is coming?" Lena asked as she and Kara began cooking the steaks. "Um...I invited Andrea." Kara replied. "You did? Oh good. They've been dancing around each other for months." Lena replied. "I know...and ever since Maggie began flaunting her new hookups in her face I thought this would help push them in the right direction." Kara replied. "I hope so. They're cute together." Lena replied.

A little while later Andrea arrived at the townhouse and Alex opened the door and smiled at her. "Hey!" Andrea greeted. "Hey Andrea!" Alex replied. "Where's everyone else?" Andrea asked. "In the kitchen. Lena and Kara are cooking tonight. Would like a glass of wine or something?" Alex asked. "That would be nice thanks." Andrea replied as Alex headed into the kitchen. Andrea took a seat on the sofa.

A minute later Alex returned to the sofa with two glasses of wine in her hands. "Here ya go. Dinner will be ready in a little bit." Alex stated as she took a seat next to Andrea. "That gives us time to talk." Andrea replied. "What about?" Alex asked sipping her wine. "I like you Alex. A lot..like more than friends." Andrea confessed. Alex blushed at the confession. "I...I like you too...more than friends." Alex replied. "Really? Sooo...would you like to go on a date sometime?" Andrea asked. Alex nodded. "I'd like that a lot. How's next weekend?" Alex asked. "Works for me." Andrea replied with a smile.

"Dinners ready guys!" Kara called. "I think it's working." Lena whispered. "It is Alex asked Andrea on a date for next weekend." Kara replied. "Super hearing?" Lena asked. "Yep!" Kara replied as they sat the plates on the table along with the food. "This looks good guys!" Andrea said with a smile. "Thanks! We hope you're hungry!" Lena added as she took a seat next to Kara.

"So what are your plans for the holidays?" Andrea asked as they ate. "Going back to Midvale again." Kara replied. "Oh? Is that where you're from?" Andrea asked. "Yea. We went back later year too." Alex replied. "Did you go to Lena?" Andrea asked. "Yes. That's how Kara and I got together." Lena replied. "Is it nice there?" Andrea asked. "It's lovely! Eliza goes all out for the holidays! I had so much fun there." Lena explained.

"It sounds like a nice place." Andrea replied. "What are your plans Andrea?" Alex asked. "Probably stay here...my parents go on vacation over the holidays." Andrea replied. Three woman shared a knowing look before Alex spoke up. "Why don't you come home with us? Our mom won't mind one bit." Alex stated. "Really? Are you sure?" Andrea asked. "I'm positive! She'll be happy to have someone new to share the holidays with. You'll even get matching pajamas..." Alex replied. Lena and Kara laughed. "Matching pajamas?" Andrea asked. "It's a Danvers family tradition. We get matching pajamas every year and take a family photo outside in the snow." Alex explained.

"Did you have to do it too?" Andrea asked. "Oh yes! And it was the most fun I've had in a long time! Eliza's a sweetheart. She'll make you feel welcome within in minutes." Lena replied. "I'll think about it...see how are first date goes." Andrea replied with a smile. After dinner Andrea and Alex did the dishes while Lena and Kara found a movie to watch. "I had a wonderful time tonight Alex." Andrea said as she put the dishes in the dishwasher. "Really? My sister and Lena didn't scare you?" Alex asked. "No. They're nice. I like them a lot." Andrea replied. "Good...I was worried about tonight..." Alex stated. "How come?" Andrea asked. "It's the first time since Maggie left that someone new has been here. It was a nice change..." Alex said as her eyes flickered between Andrea's eyes and her lips. "Can....can I kiss you Andrea?" Alex asked. "Yes..." Andrea replied. Alex leaned in and pressed her lips to Andrea's pinning her against the running dishwasher.

"Come on...let's go to our room..." Lena whispered to Kara who nodded. They tiptoed to their room and shut the door before getting into bed and watching a movie on Kara's laptop.