74

As the summer went on Kara got more and more anxious about college. "Come on darling let's go for a walk." Lena said as she noticed the blonde looking out into space. "Ok..where to?" Kara asked. "Let's just start walking and see where we wind up." Lena replied. "Ok Lee." Kara replied as they walked out the door together. "So your birthday's next month..." Lena said. "I know. What are you planning something already?" Kara asked. "Maybe..." Lena replied shrugging her shoulders. "Lee..." Kara groaned as they walked along the side of the road. "What darling?" Lena replied. "Just don't go over the top. That's all I ask." Kara replied. "I won't love I promise." Lena replied.

They walked all the way into town before stopping to get some lunch. "I can tell your nervous Kara. I was too when I started. But you've got a support system there with me, Alex and Maggie you'll be ok. And you'll make friends too, and on top of that you'll be waking up and going to sleep next to me every night." Lena replied. "I know love. Thank you for settling my nerves." Kara replied. "Anytime darling. That's what you do in a relationship, you calm each other's nerves. I know you calm my nerves when you notice I'm worried about something, so now it's my turn to calm yours." Lena replied.

"Are you ladies all set to order?" The waitress asked. "Yes!" They both replied together. "I'll have two chicken sandwiches and a a chocolate milkshake with fries as my side." Kara replied. "And I'll have the  bacon hamburger with onion rings and a strawberry milkshake." Lena replied. The waitress nodded as she wrote their orders down and disappeared again. "Are we all riding together next month? Or will we be taking separate vehicles?" Kara asked. "Well...I was thinking you and I would go back in your car while Alex and Maggie go in Alex's car, that way we'll all have room for our stuff." Lena replied.

"I like the sound of that." Kara replied. "I thought you would. We'll have to make sure to video chat Eliza once we get there so she can see you've settled in." Lena added. "Yes we will." Kara added. "Here you are ladies! Enjoy!" The waitress stated as she put their food down in front of them.