CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; ASÀKÉ

"Um.. Rebecca.. please can you... please.. read this please." I stammered as I gave her the note with my hands shaking.

"oh okay.. it says... 'he. is. in. trouble'... who is he? "

" Now that's the troubling question. "

" And who is she? "

" Oh her name is Asake-"

" Wow.. she is so pretty -"

" I know.. I have eyes, I saw her. " I said as I rolled my eyes at Rebecca's comment on Asake's beauty. I mean it's so obvious that she is beautiful. Asake has skin and hair that doesn't require any form of makeup or attachments. Her skin is brown and smooth and her hair is very soft and curly. It shows even though she is on low cut.

"You know, Rebecca, I think they should allow the girls on Senior School keep their hair. What do you think?"

"Yes.. that's true ó omò that would be nice ó. "

" But these evil people won't. "

" But they allowed in Opere School-"

" Really? "

" Yes, that's the school Elizabeth is going to. "

" Really? "

" Yes. "

" Oh! my God. I really miss Elizabeth. I remember when we used to fight in primary two. " We started laughing and talking about old times. 'the good old primary School days.' We were still laughing, unaware of the evil in the world. We totally and completely forgot about Asake and the secret note.

  "What are you guys doing? é be like una dé craze ó." We turned as we heard an angry female voice from the window. I turned and saw Asake looking at us , particularly me, anxiously. She looked anxious and angry at the same time.

She entered into the class from the window. She landed like a female super hero which caused the people on our row- the last row in the class room to hail her they all went" hey! ooooosheeeeeyy!"

  She ignored them and came to us. I wanted to say hi but she just dramatically fell on the floor and sat there, in between the table and the chair. She was now facing us and we had to look down to meet we gaze.

"Hey, you guys don't look down!". Asake. instructed when we did that.

"Um.. if you want to say something secretive to us I think we should all go to the library. Not everyone goes there -" I told her while staring at the white board at the front of the class room.

"Good let's go." She affirmed. She instructed us to wait behind and count from one to one hundred and when we were done , we should meet her the the library to avoid students seeing us together. Her strange attitude really scared me. She acted like she was going to be assassinated or abducted if she's caught with us. It was though I was seeing and action movies and being forced to partake in it. This time it was real life action and I didn't want to drag Rebecca into it but she insisted using the old saying; "a friend in need is a friend indeed".

  "Look, what I'm about to tell you now is so important. You have to trust me because I'm also trusting you to keep a secret. " She started the moment we sat down in our usual spot in the library. This time, Rebecca and I brought our chairs together and Asake was able to sit in-between the both of us.

" I'm not interested, I don't keep secrets." I interrupted her fearfully when she said the word 'secret'. To me, secret only meant one thing; ' I killed someone? ' so, whenever someone said I have a secret to me , I always tell them to keep it with themselves. I got this while idea from a movie I saw when I was a little girl.