CHAPTER-7

PREESHA: A..aarreeyy N..noo tai ji. H..he is just a friend.😭

SAMEEKSHA: Really??😏

PREESHA: Yes Tai Ji... I swear...🥲

Arjun releases a long sigh and looks towards Ashok (drisht's father). He keeps a hand on Ashok's hand and says,

ARJUN- Drishti beta, go ahead and tell us about the boy and his family.

ROOH (on call): Di now tell everything in one go, okay? And don't feel scared everything will be fine. Just think about your life without Vihaan Jiju. Can you live like that? No, right! So don't feel scared and focus on convincing everyone. Okay?

Drishti takes a long deep breath after listening to Rooh. Thinking about what Rooh said right now, she agrees with her. She can't live without Vihaan and for their sake she needs to gather some confidence and speak up about it. After taking a two-minute pause and four long deep breaths, Drishti continues,

DRISHTI: His name is Vihaan Singh Thakur an-

ASHOK: So he is a rajput?

ROOH(on call): Ughhhh!!!!! What is it with Tau ji? Why does he have to bring caste in every case and scenario? I swear if they bring it in my time I'll adopt to be a runaway bride...

DRISHTI: OH YEAH YEA!! Stop it!

ASHOK: What did you say!?

Drishti forgot for a second that she was in front of her family and no one knew that she was on a phone call with Rooh. Biting her tongue inside her mouth she spoke hastily.

DRISHTI: No no Papa--!!!! I did not say that to you. I was thinking about something and-

Before she could complete her sentence Arjun said-

ARJUN: Bhaiya (brother) let the child speak. Trust on her. She is an adult now. She has the right to speak her mind. Don't make her nervous.

Ashok just dipped his head down and surrendered for the moment.

Arjun blinked his eyes towards Drishti, signalling her to keep speaking.

Bowing down with a deep red blush on her face she continued to speak about Vihaan with nervousness in her voice.

DRISHTI: He works as a Lawyer in his brother's company. He lives here in Lucknow with his parents and younger brother.

ROOH(on call): You never told me that Jija ji had a brother.

Drishti simply rolled her eyes and kept speaking to everyone present.

DRISHTI: He has an elder Sister and she is married. I and Vihaan met in college and entered into a relationship.

ARJUN: Does his family know about you both?

DRISHTI: Yes. They know about us.

Turning to her dad she said.

DRISHTI: And Papa they want to meet us. They were very happy to hear about this. Trust me, papa, they are good people.

ASHOK: How do you know all this? Have you met them?

DRISHTI: No papa--

ASHOK: Then we will decide if they are good or not. Don't forget Drishti, without my permission nothing will happen.

DRISHTI: Papa--

Ashok stood up from his seat and left the dining room.

Arjun stood up from his seat took Drishti's hand in his hand, looked straight into her eyes and said," Don't you worry beta(child). We all will convince your father together, ok?."

Drishti nods her head in agreement and hugs him tightly.

Arjun turns towards Sameeksha and Radha and says," Bhabhi(Sister-in-law), Radha, can you both please prepare some cold sharbat(refresher drink) and snacks? Bring it to the drawing room, I think the night's going to be long. I will go and talk to bhaiya."

Turning to Drishti again he continues," And Drishti beta I know Rooh is on a call with you. You could have never said it in front of us if she wasn't with you. You two sisters are attached very deeply (He said with a laugh). Tell her to join us on a video call when we all sit together again."

Drishti laughs lightly and nods her head.

Hearing all this Preesha simply stands from her chair and exits the dining room.

IN ASHOKS ROOM

Ashok was sitting silently on a chair, on his balcony. Gusts of light wind were flowing around him.

He closed his eyes and started thinking about what Drishti said.

It's not that he does not trust his daughter's choice, the only fear holding him back is today's society.

Reading all the news every morning of brutality with young married girls, girls who did love marriage or ran away if the family did not accept them. Reading the result of their consequences he always wanted to deeply protect the daughters of his family Drishti, Rooh and Preesha.

And why not? He loved all three of them deeply and felt utterly responsible for them. The grudges he had with his brother in the past never made his love grow smaller.

He always felt guilty for the effect he had on Rooh in the past. Drishti was big enough to understand his ego and that only he could change himself by killing his ego to stabilize the peace of the family. Preesha was too small to even notice these grudges.

But Rooh, she was transitioning. From childhood to being an adult.
The adult part of her could understand everything that was happening but the child part failed to handle the effect it had on her heart, brain and personality.

And he knows this was the sole reason why she did her college away from home and now her job. And Arjun knows this too.

They can only wish For Rooh to come back permanently to Lucknow.

As Ashok was diving deeper into his thoughts he heard a light knock and then the opening of his bedroom door. Ashok entered the balcony and sat on the chair beside him.
*********************************🤍🦋
CHAPTER 8 COMING SOON THIS WEEK.
THANK YOU.