Chapter 11.

Team Seven and Tazuna ventured towards the bridge to assess its progress, but Naruto was notably absent, having exhausted himself with intense training the night before.

Along the journey, Ugetsu couldn't shake an unsettling feeling, and his intuition proved right as they reached the bridge.

"Hold on. What the heck is this?" Tazuna exclaimed in panic, surveying the scene of scattered unconscious bodies of construction workers. A chill mist enveloped them, obscuring their surroundings.

"Sensei, they're here," Ugetsu urgently informed Kakashi, his voice tinged with apprehension. "Alright, Ugetsu, Sasuke, Sakura, get ready!" Kakashi commanded, prompting the genin to assume defensive stances. Suddenly, a familiar voice cut through the mist.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Kakashi," it taunted. It was Zabuza, Ugetsu's former master, his laughter echoing maniacally. "Ugetsu! Why are you still with those brats! Especially when that brat is trembling. Pitiful."

Ugetsu's expression hardened as they found themselves surrounded by Zabuza's clones. Sasuke's retort was met with encouragement from Kakashi. Drawing his kunai, Sasuke swiftly dispatched the clones, converting them into puddles of water with precise strikes.

"So you could see they were water clones, huh. Looks like you've got a rival, Haku," Zabuza remarked, stepping out of the mist alongside his companion.

"That's it. I'm taking him on," declared Sasuke, prompting Sakura's admiration.

Ugetsu watched her with a deadpan expression, silently wishing for similar attention.

Without warning, Haku unleashed a rapid spin, appearing in front of Sasuke in a blur. The ensuing clash was met with Kakashi's strategic instructions to protect Tazuna and support Sasuke, with Ugetsu stepping forward to assist.

Zabuza's derision towards Kakashi and Ugetsu's perceived weakness elicited a fierce response from the team leader.

Kakashi's declaration of the team's strengths, including Ugetsu's prowess, left Zabuza seething with anger. "You made a big mistake insulting these ninjas and calling them brats," Kakashi asserted firmly. "Sasuke is the best young fighter of the Hidden Leaf Village, and Sakura here is our sharpest mind. Ugetsu is more gifted than you can imagine, and last but not least, our number one hyperactive Knucklehead ninja is Naruto Uzumaki."

Zabuza's glare intensified as he acknowledged Ugetsu's reputation. "Oh, I know that Ugetsu is more gifted. In fact, back in our village, he's called the Ripper of the Hidden Mist."

Sasuke and Sakura stared at Ugetsu in shock over his nickname as Zabuza continued his verbal assault. "He's the best fighter until he ran away from the village and turned into a weakling in your village!"

Zabuza's words hit Ugetsu like a physical blow, his inner turmoil evident. The weight of his past and Zabuza's disappointment bore down heavily on him.

Zabuza turned to Haku, his tone filled with resolve. "Now, Haku, let's get on with it."

-

-

-

While Haku was busy talking to Naruto, Sasuke seized the opportunity and threw a kunai at him.

Haku dodged it swiftly, tilting his head slightly backward. "I haven't forgotten about you, not for an instant. Let's finish our battle then, to the death!" Haku declared as he entered his mirrors again.

"Here he comes..." Ugetsu stood firm, his heart steady despite the rising tension. The mirrors glowed brightly, and just like before, a fast wave of countless needles was sent toward them.

Ugetsu's eyes narrowed, calculating. "Earth Style: Mud Wall Jutsu." He slammed his palms on the ground, and a solid mud wall appeared in front of him and Sasuke. The wall provided some cover but wasn't enough to shield them from all sides. The needles struck from multiple directions, overwhelming their defenses.

Ugetsu quickly assessed the situation. "This won't do," he muttered, his mind racing for a solution. He grabbed Sasuke by the arm, pulling him into a defensive crouch. "Stay close to me. We're moving."

With precise and swift movements, Ugetsu darted through the barrage, deflecting needles with his kunai. His eyes scanned the mirrors, calculating Haku's pattern. "Sasuke-kun, focus on countering when I create an opening," he instructed, his voice cold and composed.

Sasuke nodded, following Ugetsu's lead. The relentless attack continued, but Ugetsu's movements were sharp and decisive. He deflected and dodged, his mind a steel trap, suppressing any fear or hesitation. His years of harsh training under Zabuza had forged him into a warrior who could suppress emotions and focus solely on the task at hand.

"Now!" Ugetsu shouted, spotting an opening in Haku's assault. He lunged forward with astonishing speed, his kunai slicing through the air toward one of the mirrors. The glass shattered, and Haku was momentarily exposed.

Sasuke seized the opportunity, launching a fireball jutsu directly at Haku. The flames roared toward their target, but Haku quickly retreated into another mirror. "You're good," Haku admitted, a hint of admiration in his voice. "But it won't be enough."

Ugetsu's eyes hardened, his grip on his kunai tightening. "We'll see about that," he responded, his voice icy and determined. He wouldn't let Haku's words shake his resolve. "Sasuke-kun, prepare for the next wave."

The battle raged on, but Ugetsu's presence was a steadfast beacon of strength. His ability to suppress his emotions and act with precision turned the tide of the battle. Every movement was calculated, every strike measured. He was a force to be reckoned with, a testament to his training and inner strength.

"He's strong," Sasuke thought as he looked at Ugetsu, whose focus was unbroken.

Ugetsu's actions spoke volumes about his strength and determination. The battle was fierce, but with each passing moment, Ugetsu's resolve only grew stronger. He was no longer the Ugetsu from the Hidden Mist; he was a warrior of the Hidden Leaf, fighting for his friends and his new home.