Chapter Nine.

Kakashi had assigned Ugetsu the task of overseeing Naruto and Sasuke during their rigorous training.

The training ground was bathed in the soft hues of evening as Ugetsu, taking a moment to rest, had found a comfortable spot under the shade of a tree. The day's efforts had left him fatigued, and soon, the tranquility of the training ground lulled him into a peaceful slumber.

As Ugetsu slept, the sun dipped below the horizon, surrendering the sky to the embrace of the night. The moon cast its gentle glow, overseeing the world below. It was in this serenity that Ugetsu's sleep was interrupted by a distant cheer, cutting through the quietude like a burst of energy.

Opening his eyes, Ugetsu realized that night had fallen, and he found himself beneath a star-studded canvas. His gaze shifted upward to discover Naruto and Sasuke perched at the pinnacle of the trees they had been diligently climbing.

A burst of excitement surged through Ugetsu as he rose swiftly to his feet. "Yes!" he exclaimed, his cheer echoing through the night. "You two finally did it!"

Naruto's face beamed with pride, his trademark grin stretching from ear to ear. "Yeah! Believe it!" he exclaimed, his triumphant pose held against the backdrop of the night sky.

Sasuke, ever the stoic one, smirked in acknowledgment of their achievement. The camaraderie and the sense of accomplishment hung in the air.

Ugetsu, showing his distinctive pointed teeth in a wide grin, took a step closer. "Let's go! We gotta tell sensei about this!" His enthusiasm infectious, the three of them began to make their way, united in the joy of shared achievement.

The duo descended from the trees with grace, landing before Ugetsu. "You two did a great job," he commended, a sense of camaraderie evident in his raised fist.

Naruto reciprocated the gesture with a cheerful fist bump, his eyes gleaming with determination. Sasuke, though less overt, followed suit, a subtle smirk of satisfaction on his face.

-

-

-

"They're all late," Sakura complained, her impatience evident. "I wouldn't have expected that from Sasuke and Ugetsu..."

As if on cue, the room's door creaked open, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. In walked the trio, but it was apparent that the journey had taken a toll. Sasuke and Ugetsu were supporting Naruto, who had seemingly collapsed on the way.

"What have you been up to?" Tazuna asked, noting the disheveled appearance of the three. "You look like something the cat dragged in."

Naruto lifted his head with an air of pride, a triumphant grin on his face. "We made it. We climbed all the way to the top."

"Good," Kakashi commented, his tone revealing a hint of approval. "Starting tomorrow, you're both bodyguards for Tazuna."

"Alright!" Naruto cheered, a burst of enthusiasm that resulted in an unplanned jump. The sudden motion caused Ugetsu and Sasuke, who were supporting him, to lose their balance and tumble to the floor along with Naruto.

The room echoed with collective groans of annoyance from the three boys, while Sakura couldn't help but giggle at the comical scene before her.

-

-

-

Ugetsu raised an eyebrow, quietly observing Inari as the younger boy fixated on the peacefully sleeping Naruto, his mind evidently lost in a sea of turbulent thoughts. Sensing Ugetsu's gaze, Inari shifted his attention, meeting the older boy's searching eyes.

Tears welled up in Inari's eyes, drawing a concerned expression from Ugetsu. "Inari?"

"But why?!" Inari burst out, the frustration in his voice palpable.

"Hn?" Naruto raised his head in response to the sudden commotion. "What did you say?"

Inari, fueled by emotions, slammed his hands onto the table, standing up with an intensity that filled the room. "All of this stupid training is just a waste of time! Gato has got a whole army. They'll destroy you. The cool things you all say, they don't mean anything. No matter what you do, the strong always win, and the weak always lose."

"That's not true," Ugetsu whispered, attempting to offer a comforting reassurance. Meanwhile, Naruto retorted, "Just speak for yourself! It won't be like that for me."

Ugetsu approached Inari, hoping to convey a sense of understanding. "Hey, you're worrying too—"

"Why don't you be quiet?" Inari snapped, his frustration evolving into anger. "Just looking at you makes me sick! You don't belong here! You don't know anything about this village. You are always smiling and laughing. You don't get to say anything because you don't know what it's like to suffer!"

Inari's words struck Ugetsu, leaving a visible hurt on his face. Sakura, attuned to the emotional tension, narrowed her eyes at Inari. "Listen to yourself!" Naruto's voice added a layer of harshness. "Whining and complaining like a victim. You can whimper all day for all I care, but you're nothing but a coward!"

"Naruto! You went too far!" Sakura scolded him, but the frustration-fueled blond stood up from his chair and left the room.

The air hung heavy with tension. Ugetsu, grappling with the unexpected sting of Inari's words, found himself retreating from the room shared with the boys. Sakura, concerned, followed him. "Ugetsu, are you okay?"

He offered a soft smile. "Yeah, I'm okay," Ugetsu assured her before disappearing back into the room, leaving the echoes of a charged conversation behind.