Chapter 26

Andrés

I watched her move around in the gym. From her fighting stance, the way she threw a punch, and the way she was so focused and aware of her surroundings. 

I was able to talk to Antonio about her, and how I never knew of her existence. Apparently she had been kidnapped by their fathers older brother, who was killed by Lorenzo. 

I couldn't imagine losing my sister. She is only at the age of four, and I would throw myself in front of her and take as many bullets as need be. The pain their family must have suffered in the loss of their sister is unimaginable to me. They missed out on so many years of her life, and from what I heard she doesn't remember them. Obviously being a toddler, the chances of her remembering them would be low. Although I wonder if she could remember at least one thing, one detail that could help put her brothers minds at peace. 

He said she was kind of distant from them, but her being distant from him is his fault. He has been a huge dick to her since she arrived. He claimed he couldn't control it, that every time he looked at her he was brought back to the worst time in his life. The night he found out his sister, and  best-friend was taken from him under the roof of her own home. I was able to put together this is his way of pushing her away so he never has to sense that loss again. But what he doesn't realize is even in pushing her away, and in the off chance that she was taken again, he would feel the hurt all the same way. 

Being kidnapped, it makes me wonder what she went through herself. Apparently she ended up with people she thought were her 'parents.' That had to mean she was with them for most of her life, and if she considered them to be her parents, then she would have had to have an okay life. It is all a huge disaster that I could never fully understand without going through it myself.

But as of right now, we all sit back and watch as her in Jax train in the boxing ring. It makes me wonder what she is training for... Everything about her skills in this field is phenomenal. From her stance, all the way to her calculated moves. 

I've seen good fighters, I am one myself. But she is on another level. I feel like I have seen this all before, like I have watched her fight times before this. 

It is that familiar feeling that won't leave me along, that just keeps getting more irritated as I can't figure it out. 

When I see Nova rolling her shoulders and turning this way, everything to the puzzle I have been attempting to solve without the missing piece hits.

Of course she felt familiar, of course her stance and fighting style looked to good to be an occasional thing. 

She was the girl from the fight that I somehow held eye contact with. 

Rose. 

An undefeated underground fighter. 

And then it all made sense, the reason for all the training.

Rose, or Nova had agreed to a fight with Cage next month. And she wanted to make sure she was up to this. 

I watched her eyes go slightly bigger, as if she just realized something that has been eating at her alive the same it did for me.

But knowing she is Rose changes everything.

She isn't a stranger who is an extremely good fighter, she is the Rizzo's sister.

And on top of that she is going to be fighting Cage. And she has no idea who Cage actually is.

Word Count: 628