Chapter 25

Nova

It has been a week since Jake called me with the news of me possibly fighting Cage. He had called me again yesterday confirming the rumors he had heard were in fact true, which is what puts me in the gym right now.

"One more for 240, then I am putting more on." Jax says, focused. He is referring to the weight lifting I am currently doing. Ever since we found out yesterday, we have decided up until the fight he would come over after school and work with me in the gym. I would still continue my own workouts in the mornings, but take it easier during those times. Sort of like a warm up. 

We continue with the weight lifting for a little while longer, Jax putting my weight on after each set. We don't want to push to much because of my ribs, so we are hoping to progress over time. 

Jax has to keep reminding me I have a month, and not to strain myself all in one day or else I won't be able to fight. 

"Alright lets take a water break, and then we can hit the punching back." He says, and I let out a smirk. My favorite part, although I prefer fighting someone in the ring. 

We sit down on a bench at one side of the gym. Jax pulls out two water bottles passing me one, and we drink in silence. 

Well that is until the doors opens, and Elio and Antonio walk in with their friends. They are talking with each other until Andrés makes eye contact with me. He holds it for a second longer then needed, but breaks it and nudges Antonio who's eyes snap over to mine at Andrés signal. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Antonio says, his attitude shown through his words.

"What does it look like we are doing." I say starting to wrap my hands after Jax handed them to me. 

"Wait, are you planning to fight?" Elio asks, concern filling his tone.

"Unless one of you would like to get in the ring with me, I was gonna use one of the bags." I say, kinda hoping one of them would get in.

"Uhhhh, that's probably not a good idea." Jax says.

"Yeah listen to your friend, you wouldn't survive a minute in a ring with any of us." Antonio says with a chuckle. I really want him to get in the ring with me.

"Um I actually was saying that for your guy's sake... But actually, how about you get in the ring with her." Jax says, sharing the same wavelength as me. 

Antonio scoffs. "I am not gonna fight a girl, let alone my sister." He says, almost offended.

"Oh come on. Like you have never fought a girl before." I say, accidentally letting truth slip form my voice. Quickly trying to change from that route, I say, "And when did you start considering me your sister." Letting out a scoff of my own.

"Can't change DNA." Was his reply. "And what do you mean 'like I've never fought a girl before.'" He says, sadly.. very sadly not letting it go.

Not knowing what to say I shrug and turn, grabbing Jax's hand to pull him up for the bench. "Come on Jax." He follows with no protest other then a small whimper for the very little break he got. 

"Oh real smooth right there by the way. Yeah that shrug, really sold it, he definitely has no questions." He says sarcastically.

"Shut up." I say with a chuckle, shoving him with my shoulder.

"Alright lets get started." He says. "Punching bag first then we will do some stuff with the strike pads." 

I give him a nod before getting started.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Alright, we are going to switch over now." Jax tells me and I comply.

I have been feeling the same pair of eyes on me, burning through the side of my head. They have been watching me since they walked through the doors. I have been ignoring them, trying to not let them distract me. I keep ignoring Andrés stare, again to not let him distract me. Jax and I make our way to the ring, although I feel more stares on me as I hop in.

"Looks like we have a audience." Jax says quietly with a smirk.

"Then lets give them a show." I say with a smirk of my own. 

Getting into my fighting stance Jax gets ready to throw random combinations at me, a nod from each other, and we begin. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finishing up one more combination Jax decided to throw at me, he starts to take the pads off his hands. 

I turn towards all the eyes that have been watching the whole time, skimming over my brothers before being drawn to Andrés's. 

I feel a sense of Déjà vu while maintaining eye contact. I tilt my head slightly, and as I am about to turn away that is when it clicked. 

The feeling that has been bugging me every time I saw him, but yet I never could put a pin on it. All I needed was to be back in a similar situation as I was the last time I saw him.

My eyes slightly widening, I realize he was the guy I saw with my brothers the night of my fight. 

And from the look in his eyes it looks like he just realized something to.

Word Count: 965